vi. Possibilities

Chapter six

|Twilight|

[Angel]

:::

Turns out God really did have a funny sense of humor because now I found myself with Jasper in every one of my classes minus gym and bio. I didn't necessarily mind him though now that he's toned down the whole staring into my soul thing. He was actually kind of helpful. When people were starting to get on my nerves, he'd always distract me with either a question or would start a conversation. I also found myself adjusting easier now that he was there.

Before I knew it four weeks had passed by in the blink of an eye for me. I had an established group of friends now. I also found myself being labeled as the "bad girl with a heart of gold" by the student body. Emily and I still giggle about this.

Speaking of her, Emily soon joined Bella and me on our hangouts. Emily meshed well with us. She helped me with bringing Bella out of her shell.

"I spy something grey." Em smiles looking at the two of us as we sit in the bed of Bella's truck.

I popped an apple slice into my mouth looking around trying to see what she saw.

"The sky." Bella answers casually as she steals from my bag of Apple slices.

"Damn you guys are good at I spy." Emily laughs.

"More like you pick the most obvious things."

Bella went to snag another and I pull the bag away.

"Cut your own apple." I scowl and they both laugh at me.

"Angel to cut up two apples." Bella points out.

"True." I hand the bag over hopping out of the truck bed and stretching.

"Where are you going?" Emily hops out too followed by Bella.

"Home. I got a large amount of homework from my Calculus teacher. I swear that witch takes pleasure in assigning ungodly amounts of work." I hop on the back of my bike starting her up.

She roars to life and both girls watch as I effortlessly maneuver my way onto the street from the dirt driveway.

"I'll catch you both later." I salute and take off.

In all actuality, I was meeting Jasper at the public library for a study group. Apparently, Rosalie, his twin, was good at math so I being the desperate person I am, decided to give it a chance. I needed to pass this course or else I would be stuck with Lauren Mallory another year. Sorry but I'm not suicidal.

:::

"Your sister seems to be ok with me." I was walking with Jasper to the coffee shop after Rosalie split due to a prior commitment, aka Emmett called.

"And that surprises you why?" He asks as we entered the warm space.

"Well Bella tells me that every time she looks towards her that she scowls at her or just rolls her eyes." I walked up to the counter ordering a cafe mocha for myself.

"I wish I could tell you why Rosalie dislikes Bella." Before I caught it Jasper paid for my drink and I raise a brow.

"I can pay for my own drink."

"I know but I'm still a southern gentleman and when out with a lady we pay for any food or drink." Jasper and I sit in a small booth in the corner.

"I know I know. Doesn't mean I have to like it though."

We continue to chat over coffee for an hour or so before I asked him if he wanted to come over for a little. Dad wouldn't be home till about ten in the evening so I had a little time.

"Can I take a rain check? My mama wants me home for dinner."

God he really was a good old southern boy.

"Yeah, sure no problem." I smile as he escorts me to my motorcycle.

"Your bike is a real beaut by the way." He comments as I climb on.

"I know she is. She cost both my grandpa and I a fortune that's for sure."

"We should do this again." Jasper smiles.

"We should." I agreed blushing slightly.

"Goodbye Miss McDouglass." He whispers towards me.

"And a goodbye to you too Mister Hale." I tease back.

With that I took off towards home with butterflies in my stomach. I'm absolutely screwed aren't I?

Am I falling for Jasper Hale?

:::

"I'm SCREWED!" I moan into my pillows with both Bella and Emily on Skype.

"Calm down Angel and breathe. Now tell us from the top. What did you two do at the cafe?" Emily was holding back snickers along with Bella.

"We just talked over coffee..." I mumbled.

"And you tell me I'm bad with Edward." Bella muses and both Emily and I eye her.

"Bella you two are like a badly written soap opera. Talk to me! Oh no, Don't talk to me. We can't be friends!" I mocked Edward and Emily started to giggle.

"Hey come on it's not that bad..." Bella was blushing.

"Yes it is girl. Yes it is." Emily grins.

We sit on group call for a bit longer comparing homework answers before we all signed off for the night.

My mind was still spinning though. Did I truly like Jasper like that? I mean yes he's my type. Yes he's very attractive. Yes I wanted him to rearrange my insides. Yes I can see him pinning me to a wall and growling in my ear.

I shake my head vigorously. No. No contain yourself. I'm not some hormone driven teenage girl... I think.

Oh god. I'm really screwed.

I collapse in my bed again trying to fend off my more— interesting thoughts— of the blonde hair cowboy who was now going to fill my dreams for god knows how long.

AN:// I thought you guys would like a lighter chapter after the heaviness of last chapter. Also I'm sorry this is a shorter chapter. Please do not kill me! Anyway don't forget to leave me some love in the comments.

enjoy reading,
~Gracie