ii. Bella

Chapter two

|Twilight|

[Angel]

:::

I don't know why I smoke, but for what ever reason, I needed one right now. I was just laying down staring at the ceiling of my new room. It wasn't as big as my room back in Texas, in fact it was a literal shoe box, not that I'm really complaining. Right after Charlie and the other two left, my dad moved all of this stuff out of his home office and removed the desk and filing cabinets for me so I'd have a place to sleep. He even went as far as to go out at buy me a dresser, bed, bed frame and a night stand.

Needless to say, I felt very uncomfortable with how accommodating he was. It had nothing to do with him at all. I just wasn't use to people, well, caring about me like that. Yes I had my friends, and my grandparents, but that was it. They never had the money nor the ability to help me like that.

I threw a tennis ball at the ceiling and caught it all while repeating this for an hour or two just thinking. I knew I wasn't going to sleep at all tonight. I couldn't sleep, at least not with all the crap on my mind.

She hadn't once bothered to contact me. My phone has remained silent this entire time. I actually waiting for the other shoe to drop on that. Her pattern was predictable. She'd wait until I've calmed down and then rip the wound open all over again. She'd remind me I was a useless waste of space and that she didn't want me in the first place. She then drive the point home by blaming me for dad leaving and for anything else bad that was happening at the moment, all while saying horrible things to make me cry and or shut down entirely.

That— that is no way to live. Charlie said it himself before he left.

"A woman like that was born to cause nothing but pain and suffering for others, but don't let her get to you. Just remember that we got your back kiddo..."

Those words made me feel a bit better. Charlie, like my dad, was a good man and I appreciated his sentiment. I just hoped his daughter was like that...

Wait. That's right. Bella was coming tomorrow. Charlie did mention that as well. He even told me a bit about her. I turned over at my side looking at the light streaming in the window from the moon onto the wall. That's when I finally felt it. Fatigue. I'd finish unpacking later.

I woke up around four in the morning, which wasn't unusual for me at this point. I always found myself up at odd hours and sleeping when I'm not supposed to. I had the time now so I spent about an hour finishing up unpacking. When I split up what little I brought, I realized quick that I'd have to go shopping to make up for my sparse wardrobe. It was kinda sad to see only three shirts in a drawer with pants, underwear, and a pair of socks.

Dad was already gone when I came out of my room. He at least left me a note saying he went to work and if I need anything to just ask Billy or Charlie. That's when I dialed Charlie. I knew he'd be up with him being a cop.

"Hello?" I heard Charlie speak.

"Hey chief, um I know this is weird to ask but would you be able to take me shopping? I have the cash but I can't exactly carry bags on my bike." I was smiling sheepishly.

"Uh sure. No problem. You can come with me to pick up Bella too since you'll be right there." He sounded surprised by me asking.

"That sounds like a good plan. What time should I be ready?" I asked him leaning against the fridge.

"I'll be there about noon." He states with a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

"Don't worry Chief. I don't bite." I laugh into the receiver at my own joke.