Part 5

Part Five: Harry

Charlotte had done an amazing job at the song, just like I knew she would. The judges were buzzing with excitement after she had exited the stage. I was very proud of her. I knew she would have to go on to the next round.

After everyone had sang, the four of us had to go into a room and decide which thirty two people we wanted to keep. They were already split into their four categories and eventually we reached the girls section. I spoke up before I had a chance, “Charlotte has got to be in the top eight.”

Demi grabbed her picture from the file. She had a really huge smile on her face, her curls prominent, taking up most of the space of the picture. “I really liked her. I think she deserves a spot.”

“Well, we need to look at the others. There’s a lot of talented girls this year.” Kelly said, grabbing another girl’s picture, “I really like her.”

“But Charlotte was the best.” I commented.

“You are very persistent with her.” Simon said, eyeing him. “But I agree, she does have a very interesting voice. I would love to work with her.” I respected Simon, we had always been really close since I was on the X Factor. He was my mentor and a close friend of mine. He could read people very well, making him successful at what he does. If anyone found out about Charlotte and me, Simon would’ve known it yesterday.

Eventually, we had decided who would be in the top eight. We gathered everyone from each of the categories into the auditorium and told them who had made it. There was cheering and crying. I remembered how I felt when I thought I didn’t make it when I saw younger guys from the boys group walking away disappointed. However, we did create two new groups, some of them would get called back and it would be the best day of their life.

We finally got to the girl groups and the other judges started calling off names.

“Amber Ross.”

“Jackie Carter.”

And so on until it was my turn to speak. “Charlotte Henry.” I couldn’t help but smile brightly when she started jumping up and down hugging the girl next to her. She told us “Thank you,” and started walking out of the auditorium. I knew she was going to go call her roommate.

I didn’t even want to stick around to tell the others who the two new groups would be. I wanted to run out after Charlotte, hug her and spin her around. But I had to look nice for the camera and then find out what group I would be getting to mentor and make it dramatic. I was hoping to get Charlotte’s group to work with her and get to spend more time with her.

Of course they would just film my reaction and then all would be revealed on the next episode when I walk out of the doors and see my group waiting for me. Charlotte would have no idea unless I told her. It was all happening so fast, like it did when I was a contestant. We would be starting all the filming at the houses this Friday, which was only a couple of days away. Then I would have to limit my group down to four people. I almost didn’t want to mentor Charlotte because I wouldn’t want her to think that she only get picked because it was me. I needed her to believe that she had incredible talent.

Later, the crew had me sit down in an office and wait to answer my phone and the producers tell me what group I got. The cameras were set up all around me as I sat there. I looked around as they started yelling. “Rolling!” Then the phone rang and I picked it up.

I looked straight into the camera and smiled. “I’m definitely going to win this competition.” I stated and then heard a loud “Cut!”

I was eventually dismissed and was able to go back to my hotel room. Even though I hadn’t really done anything, I was exhausted and ready for bed. I heard a light knock on my door and knew it was Charlotte.