Part 3

Part Three: Harry

Whenever I finally got a break, I rushed straight to my dressing room. I couldn’t believe that Charlotte had the nerve to audition, with that song, and not call me. I was sure we had a real connection at the bar; that something could’ve actually happened between us. She didn’t seem like the type of girl to just leave me hanging like that, but I couldn’t let her get away again.

I opened the door that had a HARRY STYLES sign placed across it. She was standing up looking at a poster on the wall, her back was turned to me. However, she knew I was in the room. “You can’t keep me locked up in here. I’m not like Rapunzel or something.” She turned around, her face was red, “AND, you can’t give me a no because you’re mad at me. That was really low, and embarrassing. How could you do that?”

“Charlotte, I’m sorry.” I began, “But I was so upset that you hadn’t called and then you auditioned with that song and it felt like a slap in the face. I thought we had a real connection the other night and you just blew it off. Then you performed our song, like you didn’t even care what happened between us. It embarrassed me too.”

Her eyes narrowed as she got right up to my face. “I had no idea you were going to be out there Harry. I thought I would never see you again. I picked Ain’t No Sunshine because it’s my favorite song and that’s why I sang it with you. I admit, I pretended not to know you were a famous boy band member but I didn’t want you to think that had any effect on why I stayed with you so long. Of course I felt the connection, and I got scared. I imagined our relationship and I imagined the way it would end and everything in between and it scared me. I didn’t want to fall in love with you and have you just leave and be gone all the time. I didn’t want to put my dreams aside so you could continue living out yours. I didn’t want people to think if I had any success in my career, that it would be because I was with you. I just thought it would be a bad idea to call and I’m sorry. That’s how I feel.”

I didn’t back away from her and she didn’t step down. We stared right into each other’s eyes for it seemed like years before I pressed my lips to hers. My arms wrapped her neck as I pushed her into me. She seemed taken aback but continued to let me kiss her. I couldn’t help myself, I had to convince her to stay with me. She tasted like smoke and I breathed her in, let her fill my lungs.

A loud knock came from the door and we both looked over. “Harry, we need you back out here in five minutes.”

She looked down at my shoes, “I told you. This is exactly how it’s going to be with you and me. Me wanting to be with you and you always having to leave. I can’t do it Harry.”

“Charlotte, I can’t let you get away. We’re going to be seeing a lot of each other over the next few months anyway, it’s going to kill me if I can’t have you. Please, please give me a shot.” I begged her backing toward the door. “You can call me later, or text me. Whatever you want. Like you said, we had a connection, still have a connection. And that kiss…” I gave her a small smile and I knew that she was smiling as I walked back to the auditorium.

I had a miserable past few days as I waited for Charlotte to call me. A part of me just knew that she was going to and I waited by the phone for anything. She found her way into all of my thoughts. Her voice was stuck in my head, like a one stationed radio, twenty four hours a day.

After I left the bar, security sat me down and explained to me that I had a contract with X Factor and such. I zoned out the whole time but I obviously didn’t get in any actual trouble. I returned back to my hotel bed but I found that I couldn’t sleep. I could only hope that Charlotte would give me a call. Unfortunately the I’m Harry Styles, no one rejects Harry Styles attitude kicked in and I got cocky and ended up disappointed.