Chapter Three

The ride home was quiet.

Namjoon had never messed up this badly with anyone in their pack, especially not with their rock, their angel, their hope...their Hoseok. And as much as he wanted to stop the car, reach over to comfort, scent and praise Hoseok for presenting as the prettiest omega with the sweetest scent in the world...

Namjoon knew that he couldn't. That now wasn't the time.

Namjoon stayed a step behind Hoseok after he parked his car and they walked up to the apartment building. Allowing Hoseok his space but still there, Namjoon vowed to never make the same mistake that he had that day.

Taehyung had been sitting outside of the apartment building, his eyes lighting up and rushing over as soon as the beta caught sight of them, "Hobi hyung!"

Hoseok held his arms out to catch Taehyung who practically leaped into his embrace, "Hobi hyung!" Taehyung cried, holding Hoseok with a fierce grip, "We were so worried I thought I was going to die...don't leave us like that hyung...we were...I was so scared..."

"Oh Tae...I won't." Hoseok choked back tears, "I promise I won't, hyung is so sorry Taetae. I won't leave ever again like that."

"Let's get him inside Tae, he's had a long day." Namjoon spoke softly.

Taehyung leaned back and nodded, reaching for Hoseok's hand, his eyes growing wide suddenly, "W-wait. Hobi hyung you...you smell different..."

Hoseok smiled up towards his dongsaeng, leading them into the apartment building and up the stairs to their apartment. "Will you help hyung tell our pack, Taetae?"

"Hyung..." Was all Taehyung could whisper, a fond and tearful gaze. Namjoon followed them, standing by while their distraught pack all ran towards Hoseok the moment he stepped through the door. Jungkook refusing to yield with his loud and unforgiving sobs into Hoseok's shoulders, uttering apology after apology. Jimin cupping Hoseok's face and checking all over the boys form for any cuts or bruises.

Even Seokjin stood behind them with red eyes and a hand over his chest in relief, but a shocked expression overtook his features, "Hoseok...you're..."

Namjoon moved them all into the living room of their small apartment, Taehyung kept his hand in Hoseok's own as they sat down, Namjoon starting in a clam voice, "Hobi has something that he wants to share with us."

Hoseok felt strange, sitting there on the couch with his pack, his family surrounding him. They knew from his scent, Hoseok was sure of it. Looking around, Hoseok could see in their gazes that they already knew.

So he decided not to beat around the bush. Moving to stand up and bow deeply in front of the six men, speaking in a vulnerable, desperate voice. "Please accept me."

Jimin was the first to have Hoseok wrapped up in a hug again, "You idiot hyung!"

"Namjoon hyung what's happening?" Jungkook asked, worried as he rushed behind Hoseok to wrap his arms around the man's lithe waist, attempting to scent him from behind, "Why is Hobi hyung asking us to accept him?"

"Hobi hyung, you were accepted by our wolves long before you presented. Nothing has changed." Taehyung comforted.

Seokjin spoke from where he was sitting still on the couch with a shocked expression, "Hoseok." He spoke gently, garnering the younger man's attention, "Our dynamic in the pack is going to change now."

Hoseok's shoulders dropped, going lax in the younger boys' holds as his heart fell. "B-but hyung-"

"We, and our wolves, no longer get to say our Hoseok." Seokjin spoke, getting up from the couch in order to meet Hoseok at eye level, cupping the younger man's cheeks as he whispered, "We get the privilege of saying our omega now too."