CHAPTER 27 - LIFE CHANGING NIGHT

I manage to spend the rest of the Week focused on my Work. The Time at home is the worst though...because I just can't stop thinking about the whole Sharon Story and I'm afraid to talk with Jake about it. I know we're gonna fight again.

As soon I leave Work I think about coming by at Jake's place, although we haven't been talking all Week, I need to speak to him. Mel's right I have to talk to him about this even if it means we're gonna fight or worst even...if that it means...it's over! Ugh! Just the thought of it makes me sad. I think about giving up the idea, but when I realize it I'm already stopping at his place. I park the car and as I finally get some courage to step out of it...I see him stepping out of his building...but he's not alone...I see also...his mother! Oh God!! Did she told him about our talk?!...Oh I hope not! Their hugging each other goodbye...so that's a clear sign that she didn't tell him...but on the other hand she's his mother...he could never get mad at her...I think!

I smile when I see her leaving and think that he's getting inside...but...he's not. Instead he's getting to his car, who's near mine so I hide. Why didn't he get inside?! Where is he going?! I think to myself as I begin to follow him. What am I doing?! I'm not like this...but now it's too late and one side of me wants to know if there's any more secrets that I don't know about or is he just going to hook up with some other girl?! I don't know what to think he hasn't call me since our last fight!

He finally stops at some place that I can't recognize...it's just some green place with many trees...we never went here! And what makes you think he's gonna go to some place you both spend some time together?! My subconscious mocks me! I just sigh and step out of the car to continue to follow him now on foot.

As I follow him into the park I suddenly recognize it...It's not a park it's...the cemetery!! Oh no! What's he doing here? Wait!...Then it hits me...while I'm hiding between a Tree seeing him kneeing in front of a grave stone...could it be?...No it can't...or can it?!...Is it Sharon's Grave?! I try to get a closer look at it, but clumsy as I am I fall and hurt my hand on some Tree Root. "Ouch!" Good one Jen! My subconscious steps in again! Ugh! Now what? He definitely heard that!!

"Who's there? Show yourself!! Don't you have any respect?" He stands up anxious. Oh just Great! "I know you're hiding behind the fucking Tree! Just show yourself!" He now seems angry and I slowly show up behind the Tree. His expression changes and he seems nervous?! I guess.

"W-what are you doing here, Jen? Why are you hiding behind that Tree?" He looks now confused and shocked at me. I bite my lip and before I can answer he continues "Are you following me?!" I nod. "I'm sorry Jake...I was about to come by at your place when I saw you leaving..." He snaps "...And decided to just follow me down here?! That's just great!! You probably thought that I was already cheating on you didn't you?!" I snap back at him "Well...since you don't tell me anything, what choice do I have?! You have been doing it already since we met each other so..." as this last words leave my mouth I put my hands on it to shut myself up...I don't want to tell him what I know this way!! He looks surprised at me "What do you mean?..." I just bite my lip "Nothing...I just...this was a bad idea..."

I turn around to leave the fastest that I can, but he quickly steps in front of me. "Now you're going to finish what you started..." I look at the ground I can't face him right now..."Jennifer..." he begins to insist and I cut him off "I know all about Sharon!" His jaw drops "W-what? How?...Oh my..." I cut him off again "No, it wasn't her! I just don't know why you hide this from me!"

We now face each other "Because...because...if you knew you would just..." he stops himself and I insist "Would what Jake?" He just snaps back at me "Because it's none of your business!! It's something from my past before we met and not significant!" I can't believe him! "It doesn't seem like it...she obviously meant a lot to you...otherwise you wouldn't propose!! The accident wasn't your fault, Jake! You have to forgive yourself!" I try to hug him but he steps away and as he's passing his finger through his hair "Don't you tell me what to do about this issue Jen! You have no right! You don't know how it is...you never felt like I felt about her!! You don't know what love is!" Those words hit my like a lightning!