v. Reflection

Mulai dari awal

"No wonder your mom hates you..."

Breathe.

"I wouldn't be surprised if everyone hated you..."

I balled my fist still trying to keep myself calm.

"Why don't you just die?"

"SHUT UP!" I pulled my fist back punching the mirror finally.

The pain meant nothing to me as my knuckles bled. I stared at the broken mirror and felt myself start to cry again. My sobs now becoming audible. I hated this. I hated this feeling. Curling up on the floor I just continued to slowly let out all seventeen years of hurt and anguish.

Why do I feel like this?

:::

[Jasper]

I watched from the tree line as she cried herself to sleep. Her emotions were so potent. The sadness, the self hate, it all just weighed down on my chest. I wanted more than anything to take it all away. I couldn't explain for the life of me why I cared so much for this one human, but all that aside, I wanted to help.

Silently I crept into her home and put her to bed the best I could without disturbing her or waking her up. Her skin felt so soft and warm against me. I then patched up her hand. I saw the smashed mirror and I could only look at her with empathy. I kind of to an extent understood her feelings. I went through periods of my life where all I could see was a monster. I've gotten better about it but that small part of me still remained.

"I'm sorry..." She murmurs in her sleep and I brush back some of her hair.

"I promise as long as I'm here, you'll never have to feel that away again." I whisper softly in her ear before taking off again.

I met with Edward's judgmental look when I came through the door.

"Where have you been?" He asks.

"Out," is all I say as I start towards my study.

"You're playing with fire."

I stopped turning towards him.

"It's not like you're doing much better. You're fleeing because one human smells good to you."

Edward narrowed his gaze at me when I said this.

"We shouldn't talk to them." Edward spoke as if he were speaking for the both of us.

"You might not want to get to know your human but I'm not you. You didn't feel what I just felt from her. She needs me and I'm going to help her wether you like it or not." I was dead serious as we stood face to face.

Edward's body stiffens as we stand there and his eyes were zeroed in on mine. The Major was starting to rattle his cage, teeth gnashing, as he was clawing towards Edward. He was begging to be released so he could teach that little boy his place.

"You're only going to cause us to have to leave again because you can't control your-"

"Edward. That is enough." Carlisle was standing there with the rest of the family.

"You know I am right though." Edward scoffs indignantly.

"Boy I could tear you limb from limb right now and Carlisle wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it." I hiss as Alice places a hand on my shoulder.

"Edward just go on up to the Denali's. I've informed them you will be up there for a week or so." With that Edward brushes past me like the temperamental child he was.

I go to lunge at him and Carlisle just gives me that look.

"Leave well enough alone Jasper, he's just a bit on edge." Carlisle sighs.

"So you went to see her?" Alice asks me with a small smile changing the subject.

"I did."

Rosalie and Emmett were watching us speak while Carlisle and Esme decide to leave us to our own devices once more now that the tension was gone.

"She's suffering more than she lets on and I want to help her."

I was looking out the window at the forest behind us as I said this.

"Then help her. She seems a lot better than what Edward seems to have gotten himself caught up in." Rosalie kind of scoffs at the end of her sentence.

It's no secret that Rosalie did not like Isabella Swan for whatever reason. Perhaps it's the threat she imposes on Edward's ability to hold his thirst, or maybe it's because she's the daughter of someone very important in this town. Either way it wasn't really my main concern. My concern lies with the girl I sit next to in history.

"I have faith that you'll help her more than you know." Alice pats my shoulder with a big smile.

"I can't wait to meet her." Emmet chimes in grinning.

"More like you want to add another victim to your list of people to torture and annoy." Alice teases Emmett.

"I hope she isn't as bad as the other human," was all Rosalie said before dragging Emmett towards the garage.

Before I knew it I was left alone again. I took this opportunity to go to my study, for real this time, and go over my old journals.

AN:// I'm sorry if this was a little hard to read. I had to eventually touch on the reason why Angel ran. Hopefully I did ok portraying it. I also hope you guys liked the little snippet of the Major that I threw in there along with the tension between Edward and Jasper. As for Rosalie, she'll eventually warm up to Bella, hopefully. Anyway don't forget to comment. Remember comments help me grow.

Happy reading,
~Gracie