"Tony," Natasha whispered. "I think you're on to something."

Tony completely ignored the fury he was receiving from the other two women as he nodded his head rapidly and stepped forward. 

 His steps were measured as he walked slowly to Martina. "What? Now that you've made friends you've forgotten about everything that happened a month ago?"

Martina's expression slackened as her fists loosened a bit. "W-what? You know I didn't mean to-"

"Sure you didn't," Tony laughed dryly, curling his lip as his eyes narrowed at her. "You had a temper tantrum and burned down a neighborhood."

"No!" Martina screeched, her chest heaving up and down as she blinked her eyes repeatedly- almost as if trying to wake herself up from a nightmare. "It wasn't like that! I was being attacked!"

"The guy was trying to rob the cafe, not kill you!"

"Stop," Martina begged, her chin trembling as she spoke, looking at everyone around for some sort of comfort. "Please, stop."

"Stop? You think you deserve any mercy after all those people you killed?"

Martina was clawing at her hair now, gasping for air as she paced back and forth. She knew Tony was trying to rile her up, she knew he didn't mean it, but he just sounded so cruel. "Stop!"

Artemis didn't like what Tony had started, and what Natasha had so eagerly pushed upon him, and she stalked up to Stark and grabbed his arm. "Back off!"

He yanked his arm away as he took more steps toward Martina. "Is that it? You want me to back off? You want Artemis- a woman you barely know- to fight all your battles? Are you that weak?"

"Shut up," Martina pleaded, clawing at her neck like she couldn't breathe. "Please, please, please."

"You're pushing her too much!" Steve yelled, joining Artemis as they both tried to pull Stark back.

"Do you think she needs to be babied? That she's the victim in all of this? She's not a victim. She's a murderer!"

Martina gritted her teeth together and snarled. "CÁLLATE!

In one blazing second, Martina had torn her hands away from her face and propelled them in Stark's direction as bright red-orange flames blasted from her hands in his direction.

Wanda immediately clapped her hands together and then pulled them apart, creating a shield around Tony and the others. 

The fire kept coming, shooting from her arms as memories began to flash in Martina's mind. 

People were screaming, pleading for someone to help them as they burned alive all around her. 

She could never forget the smell of smoldering flesh that clung to the air. 

When she walked out of the cafe, unharmed and completely terrified, she could see the destruction she had caused. All that was left of the citizens of that block were charred, blackened bones. The buildings were destroyed and the entire block was covered in thick black smoke. 

Her powers caused her so much unbearable pain. It felt like her mind was breaking and melting all at the same time. 

The snow around her began to melt as her tears fell against the burned earth below her. She felt the fire expand to her arms and shook them, as if to put out the flames, but ended up setting a nearby tree on fire. 

Too much noise. Too much pain. Too much confusion. 

Too much, too much, too much.