I

In Elwood, there were two houses, the Serpents, and the Phoenixes. For generations, the Serpents and the Phoenixes fought against each other. No one knew why they were fighting, but they knew that it was in their blood to hate one another.

The Serpents were known as the 'villains' in their realm while the Phoenixes were the 'heroes'. The cold aura and demeaning nature of the Serpents caused them to come off as rude and heartless.

But they knew who the real villains were: the Phoenixes. They were cunning, sneaky, and manipulative. The Phoenixes knew how to play with emotions, how to use their charm to get what they wanted.

That was what made them the truly evil ones.

Maddox, Arden, and Olympia walked through the dark hallway of the Serpent house. Their steps were quiet as they passed by the dorm rooms. They knew they weren't supposed to be there but they had to get back at them.

A year-long prank war had ensued between the two groups and as usual, the Phoenixes were losing. You would think that with their manipulative ways they would be amazing at pranks.

But sadly that wasn't the case.

"Why are we doing this again?" Arden complained. He was the peacemaker of the group. He tried his best to stay away from conflict and if a fight did happen he was the first to leave.

"This rivalry is so stupid....we don't get anything out of it."

Olympia glanced at him, a lollipop hanging from her lips. "It's not stupid, silly," Arden scowled at her when she squeezed his cheeks.

"It's fun! Who doesn't like a little fun?" Olympia questioned as she tilted her head. "Apparently, Arden...you know how much of a buzzkill he is," Maddox replied, a slight smirk playing on his lips.

Olympia giggled as she began to skip down the hallway. Maddox and Olympia were probably the most devious people you would ever meet. Olympia was impulsive, if she wanted something she got it, no matter the consequences.

Maddox was observant, he watched people...noticed their weaknesses and used it against them. Everything he did was always for his benefit. The trio was an unlikely group, but somehow they made it work.

"You guys are the worse, you drag me out of bed and send me on a death mission," Arden mumbled causing the other two to laugh quietly.

"We won't get caught, there is nothing to worry about," Maddox reassured. Olympia winked at Arden causing him to roll his eyes. The group stopped in front of the common room and placed their ears to the door.

"Arden, check if anyone is inside," Maddox demanded. Arden gave him a look causing him to scowl. "Please..."

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

Arden waved his hand around his shadow causing it to move on its own. He nodded his head towards the door, the shadow slipped under the door before coming out a few moments later.

Olympia watched in amusement as the shadow held up an 'ok' sign before placing itself back under Arden.

"The coast is clear," Arden stated causing a sly smile to fall on Maddox's face. Olympia clapped her hands in delight as she skipped into the room.

"Let's fuck shit up."

________________________

"Are you guys done yet?" Arden questioned from his place on the couch. He refused to help them, instead choosing to nap on the couch while Maddox and Olympia did all the work.

"We would have been done by now if you had helped us," Maddox growled, he was deciding whether or not he wanted to wring out his neck.

"I refuse to take part in something so trivial."