XII

The main house stood tall as it taunted the Serpents and Phoenixes who waited for their names to be called. This was the first time in years that the main house was finally being used. It used to be the dorms for the professors when they were required to stay on campus.

Now, however, it was used as a storage building which had just recently been cleared out for the Phoenix and Serpents to stay in. It wasn't the most welcoming place seeing as it was tucked into a nice corner of the campus surrounded by large dark and scary trees as Dior would like to describe it.

"Lets just embrace it," Arden paused as a strong gush of wind passed through causing the trees to roar. He scouted closer to Olympia, "It can't be that bad, haha right.."

Maddox glared at him, but didn't say anything. He wasn't in a talking mood, neither was Olympia who searched the crowd of students for Lazaro. Her eyes found her immediately, she let out a low whistle as she watched Lazaro closely.

Olympia didn't do well with rejection, that was a known fact. Especially when she wanted something...or someone very bad.

"Yeah, great conversation guys! I really appreciate the AMAZING responses." Arden drawled, waiting for a reaction from either of his friends. Maddox nor Olympia glanced his way causing him to huff and cross his arms like a dejected child.

"Arden Young and Kingston White, you will be roommates...your dorm room is number 365."

Arden's mouth fell open, any Serpent would be better than Kingston White. But he knew he couldn't complain because complaining meant getting kicked out of the school.

"Wait, Kingston is your roommate?" Maddox questioned, finally listening to what was happening around him.

"Hah wow. Now you want to listen. Yes, asshole he is my roommate, that isn't something to exactly boast about."

"That's perfect! Now we can form a plan to get back at him."

Arden's eyes widened, shaking his head quickly. "No can do, I'd rather not piss him off. I have to share a room with him you don't."

Maddox shook his head, "Stop whining, now go...your roomie is waiting for you."

Arden looked at where Maddox pointed. Kingston stood there watching him with a blank expression. Maddox who stood behind Arden watched Kingston a scowl falling on his lips. For some odd reason, he couldn't help but still feel upset about what Kingston did.

He felt...played.

"We will meet at the library later tonight, okay?" Maddox stated, looking at Arden then Olympia.

Olympia just waved her hand dismissively, while Arden just huffed in annoyance.

"Arden Young, we are waiting for you."

"Coming," He called back, grabbing his bags and rushing over to where Kingston and the dorm master stood.

Maddox and Olympia stood there bored as they waited for their names to be called. Normally the two would be conversing about anything and everything, but each of their minds were clouded with their own personal thoughts.

"Maddox Roswell."

"Olympia."

Both of their heads perked up waiting to hear who they would be rooming with.

"Maddox you will be rooming with Dior and Olympia with Noelle."

A smirk fell on to Maddox's lips just as the smile fell off of Dior's face. "I hate my life." Dior whined as he said a quick goodbye to Lazaro and stomped his way to the dorm master. Maddox kept the smile on his face as he faced Dior.