Wake Up, It's Over- Part 1

"Tristan!" I screamed over the violent waves. One by one they toppled over me, thrashing and dragging me wherever they pleased.

My fingertips brushed against his quickly, but I lost him. I grabbed and grabbed through the emptiness before the tide let me go. I pulled myself above the surface quickly, gasping for air.

"Hadley go!" I heard a deep cry far left of me. 

"Tristan, no!" I wailed, trying to move towards him, but fell under the heavy water again

I tumbled in the think grasp of the ocean. Water poured into my lungs, choking me silently.

You've won, just make it stop!

I tried to scream it out. Yell at the top of my lungs, but the last bit of oxygen that had be enclosed in my lungs escaped in just a few hopeless bubbles. Water had his tight grip locked around my legs and continued to drag me deeper, hitting every coral reef with my blazing skin along the way. I let him. I had no desire to resurface at this point. As long as Tristan made it, I'd be fine. And if he didn't make it, neither would I.

Now a new pair of hands laced around my body, ripping me from waters brutal grasp. They were real hands, but not those of anyone I knew. But how would I know anyways? I had lost this battle. I had already slipped away. 

(~*~)

"You have to find him!" I heard my mother's distant voice outside the ambulance. 

Find who?

"We're doing everything we can ma'am" A serious voice replied. 

Those were the first comprehendible sentences that were slightly muffled somehow. All I was fully aware of was pain. Never ending pain.

My head ached, reaching deep around the entirety of my skull.  Each high pitched ping of  that radiated through the space was amplified and burnt my ears. I tried to focus on it, decode what it's source was and why it was beeping at such a fast rate, but I had no energy to do so. My body was sore and the open wounds that covered my body stung with blood and salt water.  The last that I noticed was a mask of some sore enclosing my nose and face, then a pair of cold hands running against the open wound on the right side of my forehead.

"Sorry...that's bad gash." A young unfamiliar manly voice mumbled. 

"This may hurt a little," A quiet feminine voice spoke, poking a needle at my flesh before it broke through into my arm. I hissed violently but soon discovered that that twinge of pain was nothing compared to what movement felt like.

What the hell is that?

I thought the words out, but I didn't hear them. I didn't feel the vibration of my vocal cords.

What's wrong with me?

Nothing.

Slowly, I tried opening my eyes my crusted, bloodshot eyes. All the colors and shapes around me seemed to morph together into one and so I closed my eyes in defeat.

"It's okay Hadley." A familiar voice whispered into my ear, wrapping his pinky around mine.

I sucked in the dry cold air again in an attempt to respond.

Daddy, why am I here?

Daddy, who's mom looking for?

Daddy, why do I hurt so badly?

Daddy, where's Tristan?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously titled One Push, this is the beginning of my new story! :] Vote and comment