Wake Up, It's Over- Part 7

~*~Colton~*~

I still haven't finished cursing myself for agreeing to our date. I was practically a murderer! What would I do if she finds out? If her parent's find out? The thoughts never ceased.

Yet I still found myself going up and above to make sure I was perfectly presentable for her, she deserved nothing less. In the shower I made sure to thoroughly scrub myself with my body wash. At my sink I brushed my teeth for a timed three and a half minutes, as well as gargled for another minute. In my room, my closet was displayed messily across my bedroom floor and I spent a full five minutes deciding on an outfit. I even matched my belt to my leather sandals!

Yeah, I think I want to impress her a little.

Before leaving, I sprayed an extremely small amount of cologne over my body, airing it off my shirt so it wasn't over powering. I took one last look in the mirror before grabbing my phone of my dresser and heading out the front door.

With one glance down at the time, I stopped on my doorstep. It was only 6:36 and she lived less than 10 minutes away from me in driving distance.

I decided to walk there, giving myself enough time to think about the night on the way there, hoping I would get there around 7:00. I wondered what she would wear, even though it really didn't matter- she would look flawless either way. Was I supposed to have something in mind for what we should do? I mean she's the one who asked me on the date...

I stuffed my hand into the back pocket of my light wash jeans, sifting through my wallet to make sure I had enough money to cover for her.

Did she expect me to drive? Maybe I should have taken my car. I could have waited a few more minutes couldn't I?

God. This night could be a wreck now. Maybe I just set myself up for failure.

I continued walking down the boardwalk, breathing in the soft sea breeze. There were barely any people left on the beach, only a few groups that were still soaking up the sun and a handful of couples walking on the shore line.

I wished I lived here year round. I would die to have our house through the winter. To be able to come to the beach with Bubby in the fall when dogs are allowed on the beach. To be able to actually have a stationary life in a state that I adore. And maybe, I would have met Tristan before that one swim meet, giving me the time to befriend him...time to change everything.

I turned off the boardwalk and down Pacific avenue, walking all the way to the end where Hadleys modest tan house sat. I looked down at my watch again, groaning outloud.

6:54.

What was I supposed to do for another six minutes? Wasn't the guy supposed to be fashionably late? Girls take longer to get ready than guys, I should have waited longer at the house. But I wouldn't want to be so late that she thought I was ditching her.

I paced around the circle of driveways patiently, studying her neighboring houses before looking back at hers. I wondered which room was hers. Whether she lived on the second floor or first , if her room was pink and girly or calm and beach like, like herself.

I answer the question for myself as I see a blonde hair figure tying a french wavey braid behind her ear, then reaching to apply some sort of make up to her lips. I couldn't help but smile, already able to tell she looked casually extraordinary.

My god, the way I talked about her in my head- I needed to stop. She was a complete stranger practically!

"You know, as much as I like Romeo and Juliet, I am not climbing out the window for you. I believe we have a door." Hadleys voice breaks through the rant I was having with myself. I looked up at her dazed, meeting her eyes as she rested her elbows on her window sill looking down at me.