𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶. chapter twenty two.

Start from the beginning

       Briar nodded. "Thank you Dipsy. We're coming in a moment."

☁️✨🥀

          Briar had to admit, the ceremony itself didn't go so badly. There were a few moments of confusion in the beginning, mainly because Adriana had been under the mistaken impression that Fairy would be allowed to walk down the aisle beside her. Amelia D'Alessio had almost had a fit, and it wasn't until Aimee herself arrived that Adriana could be shut up. Briar was starting to have a lot of respect for her future sister-in-law.

         Luckily enough, the actual ceremony went just as planned. Briar did the best she could not to stare at her feet as she walked down the aisle, and it was almost amusing to watch Mrs. Rosetti bawl her eyes out at the end of the ceremony. Her husband didn't have an easy time trying to calm her down. Amelia D'Alessio, on the other hand, managed to retain her dignity by shedding only a few silent and unnoticed tears.

        "You look wonderful," Narcissa complimented Briar. The Black girl was wearing a flattering lavender gown, and held Lucius's arm lightly. Briar had to admit that they made quite the picture together. She smiled.

        "Thank you. You look great as well, Narcissa, as does Lucius," Briar replied. To be honest, there didn't seem to be anyone at the wedding who didn't look good. Lorcan D'Alessio wedding was the event of the year, and everybody looked their best.

         Lucius smiled at his cousin. "I'm proud of you. I was almost certain that you'd trip down the aisle earlier. But you managed to look almost graceful, as impossible as it sounds."

        Briar rolled her eyes. "Thank you very much. I almost wanted to trip on purpose, just so I could knock Adriana over. Then she'd know what I've been facing with that awful dog of hers for the past few days."

        "I suppose you're happy. The Rosettis will be returning to Brazil, I presume?" Lucius asked.

        Briar laughed. "As if Mother was going to invite them to stay any longer! Good riddance, I say. I'll need Dipsy to fumigate my room once they're gone; I can still smell Fairy wherever I go."

        Lucius looked amused. "Well, we'll leave you to your plans. I was hoping to dance, Narcissa, if you're willing?"

        "Of course," Narcissa replied, and the two of them walked to the middle of the garden, where all the couples were dancing. Briar spotted her brother and Aimee among them. They were wrapped in each other's arms, smiling. Well, as long as they're happy, it was worth it, Briar decided. She turned to grab a drink from one of the floating trays, and noticed that Mrs. Lestrange was making her way towards her, her younger son right behind her.

        "Briar! Dear, you looked so wonderful today," Mrs. Lestrange cooed, approaching the girl. "You were the most beautiful person to walk down the aisle, other than the bride of course. Wasn't she, Rabastan?"

       Rabastan, who was standing handsomely behind his mother in stiff formal dress robes, nodded politely. "Of course."

        Briar smiled. "Thank you, Mrs. Lestrange. That's very kind of you, but I think Aimee's sisters looked quite beautiful too. They seem to have no lack of dance partners tonight."

        Mrs. Lestrange frowned, as she realized that all three of Aimee's sisters, were, in fact, dancing with young men. She brushed it off. "Oh, nonsense! Everyone was saying how radiant you looked. And as for dance partners, I'm sure Rabastan would love to dance with you. Wouldn't you, Rabastan?"