𝗶𝗶𝗶. chapter three.

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
iii. CHAPTER THREE

EVAN ROSIER┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

EVAN ROSIER
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

               "I JUST WISH THEY WOULD STOP DOING IT!" Lily huffed as she and Briar supervised a few first years sorting through the file cabinets in Professor Flitwick's office, they'd been caught trying to duel each other in an empty classroom and were now paying the price.

As surprising as it may be Briar and Lily were actually talking to eachother, why you may ask? Well, they both came to the settlement that them supervising detentions wasn't going to work if they kept ignoring eachother (which they spent the first few days doing). So they both came to the very unwanted assumption that the smart thing to do if they were going to be stuck together for the remainder of this year was that they could try at least to be civil.

They'd spent the first week in silence (the most awkward silence you could imagine) but as of the present week Lily was proving to be really good company (not that Briar would admit that, of course), and Briar in return was trying the best she could at being cordial, she'd even managed to bring Lily some pumpkin juice for many of the times they'd supervised together.

         "Exactly! I just don't understand why they feel the need to torture Severus! I mean he's a slimy git but I swear Gryffindors just seem to think they run the place... Sorry."

Lily held back a grimace. "It's all right."

"I didn't mean you, yeah, we don't get along-"

"Honestly, it's fine... Oi! You there! You're supposed to be doing the sorting manually; put your wand away!"

The first year dropped his wand, startled and gave Lily a guilty expression.

"You're scaring them, Lily," Briar pointed out.

"I know, I'm sorry; just ticked off at Potter. Why can't he be the bigger man, for once? I'm tired of cleaning up after his messes, honestly!"

Briar listened distractedly as Lily droned on, although she was rather interesting to converse with, when she got started about Potter it was best to simply stay silent and listen. The ginger had enjoyed complaining about him for as long as they'd known each other, Briar observed that the complaints had gotten longer and more often as of late. It seemed that Lily Evans thought about James Potter a lot more than she let on.

"Lily," Briar interrupted her suddenly, a little tired of hearing about James Potter. "What did you smell in the Amortentia last week? Just out of curiosity."

"Oh," Lily seemed a little surprised at the interruption but thought for a few seconds. "Um, homemade chocolate chip cookies, and a rose-scented soap that I used to make when I was younger. And this other musky scent that I couldn't quite place. It was so familiar, but... I don't know."