Iwaizumi H. || Beautiful

Start from the beginning

You didn't have to say a single word. The tears that cascaded down your face were enough indication that you were not okay. Without warning, you pulled the man before you into an embrace, sobbing into his shirt, sniffling softly as you tried not to sound too ugly when you cried. The man was shocked, but through it all, found himself wrapping his arms around you, patting your back slightly to provide some kind of comfort. And it worked.

You knew just how ridiculous you were and that thought finally settled in as you hugged this stranger. With a voice so soft, he could have missed it if you weren't so close to him, you asked, "Can you take me home?"

The stranger blinked but softened. "Yea, sure."

~X•X•X~

The drive back was pretty silent, just looking out the window as you sulked, your knees against your chest as you curled yourself on the seat.

"Do you want to talk about it?" your stranger asked politely. He didn't sound like he was being nosy or intrusive, but rather genuinely concerned – almost as if he cared for you.

But you weren't ready. Keeping it vague, you just said, "Bad day." There was another stretch of silence before you asked, "What's your name?"

You could make out the man tensing slightly, almost as if he was nervous. But as he turned into the corner into the street where you lived, he told you. "Iwaizumi Hajime."

"Hajime," you repeated, completely disregarding his last name. And the way you said it felt so right to his ears. Like you were meant to call him by his first name. "It's a beautiful name."

"Really?" he snickered. "I've always thought it was plain."

"Hajime," you tested his name on the tip of your tongue yet again, which caused Iwaizumi's breath to hitch slightly. There was just something so appealing about the way you said it. "Yep, beautiful."

Soon enough, he hit the brakes and announced your arrival. You still seemed slightly drowsy, so he drew his own conclusion and decided to help you up.  He helped you press the elevator button, helped put in your key in the door when you stumbled and even helped to carry you inside all the way to your bedroom, placing you on the bed.

"Will you be alright?" he asked one last time as you sat on your bed.

You nodded which was enough of a cue for him to go home but as he turned to leave, you stopped him, gripping his wrists and you watching him with wide eyes and a broken gaze.

"Hajime," you called, as if you had known him for years.

"D-do you think I'm pretty?" you choked out.

What on earth were you even asking? Of course, he thought you were gorgeous, stunning, sexy and downright beautiful. Even as a slightly sloppy mess like you were before him, the way your eyes held his gaze, the way your hair framed your face and the way your body looked in that tight red dress would have any man attracted to you.

But before he could answer, your insecure self spiraled into darker thoughts. "Am I– is there something wrong with me?"

He narrowed his brows, "Where is this coming from?"

You frowned recalling the bad memory that kept playing in your head. Iwaizumi noticed this pained expression and came closer to you, taking a seat on the edge of the bed next to where you were. You didn't answer him, but he finally got to answering your first question.

"You're beautiful (y/n). Really, seriously, extremely beautiful."

You blinked slightly, almost confused because you don't recall giving him your name, but you were too stunned by his words for you to really realize that perhaps he had known you before this.