Matsukawa I. || Admirer

word count: 1005

"Mattsun," Makki called. "Don't make it obvious, but that girl has been staring at you for the past half hour."

Mattsun narrowed his brows slightly before turning to the direction Makki had gestured with his head, to find your eyes, widened once your gazes met. A red tint scattered on your cheeks before you averted your gaze towards the table, pretending to do your work.

Makki's eyes went pale upon watching his best friend's reaction. "I told you not to make it obvious!"

Mattsun shrugged before turning back to his work. "It's probably nothing."

"It's not nothing!" the strawberry haired boy convinced. "I think she has a thing for you."

Just then, the sound of the chairs being pulled at their table signified the arrival of yet another two third year students, who were fashionably late to their supposed study group session at the library.

"What are we talking about?" Oikawa asked as he took a seat. Iwaizumi followed suit.

Makki grinned before sharing the news. "Mattsun has an admirer."

"I don't," he sighed, rolling his eyes slightly.

"Really?" Iwaizumi grinned teasingly, elbowing his friend, who still refused to show any emotion.

"Don't make it obvious, but that girl over there has been eyeing Mattsun for the past half hour."

"Where?" Iwaizumi immediately turned.

Oikawa did too, pointing towards you. "Is it that one?"

"I TOLD YOU GUYS NOT TO MAKE IT OBVIOUS!"

"Shh!" the loud hush from the librarian alerted the four third years, who were obviously making more noise that they were allowed to. Iwaizumi bowed slightly in apology on behalf of his team.

"Way to make it obvious Makki!" Oikawa scolded, "You scared her away!"

The loud sound and obvious stares from the table of senior volleyball players had you feeling just a bit uneasy, and so you were gathering your things, thinking it was quite a good time to call it a day.

Makki rolled his eyes.

But Mattsun only sighed. "She's not my admirer, guys."

"Yea, because it's totally normal to have someone staring at you for 30 minutes straight," Makki said sarcastically.

"Isn't it?" Oikawa asked, unironically, which only caused the other three third years to glare annoyingly at him.

Another large sound caused the boys to get kicked out of the library, but Iwaizumi would never regret hitting Oikawa in the face with his heavy textbook, even if it caused Oikawa to yell in pain and the librarian to go ballistic on them.

~X•X•X~

The next day, the four third years met again, this time, all of them were on time. As they studied their books, discussing some academic related stuff as well as the latest school gossip, Makki's eyes widened again when he saw you entering the library.

He elbowed Mattsun from beside him, "Dude, your admirer's back!"

"She's not my admirer," Mattsun replied with calm eyes.

Another second passed before Makki turned to you, and sure enough, your eyes landed almost immediately at the tall middle blocker. Makki smiled, "Dude she's looking right at you!"

Mattsun sighed, then looked up only to find your eyes focused on your table instead. He shook his head, "Even if she did, it doesn't mean anything."

"Yea, maybe she was looking at me instead," Oikawa reasoned.

Iwaizumi pulled his ear, causing the setter to squirm in pain, "Ow, ow, ow!"

"Why don't you believe me?" Makki narrowed his brows.

Mattsun sighed, "Listen, I'm just not the kind of guy girls like okay?"

"Hey, what are you talking about?" Iwaizumi asked, raising a brow.

Makki backed him up, "Yea, that's such bull!"

"Yea!" Oikawa chirped, "Even if you don't have my dazzling charms and gorgeous looks, you have um, something, to offer!"

Mattsun rolled his eyes at the insistence of his friends. He just wanted their teasing to be over, and so he told them, "Okay, I'm going over there and asking her why she keeps looking this way. And I'll prove you guys wrong."

Standing up, he immediately made his way to your table where you were diligently trying to solve a math problem, when you felt a large shadow looming over you. Your eyes widened as you looked up, a blush scattering your cheeks.

Up close, Mattsun couldn't deny you were fairly attractive and for a moment, he felt his heartbeat rising just a little bit. But he reminded himself yet again of his purpose, and so he stopped himself from feeling any kind of way.

"Hi, can I just ask why you keep looking over at our table?"

He sounded so calm that you were internally panicking. "I-I uh, well, um..."

"I'm not leaving until you give an answer," he told you.

You blinked, but finally braved yourself to tell him. "W-well, it's because I um, I kinda have a crush on you?"

He turned slightly, "See guys, I told you– wait what?"

Your face turned even redder than before. "I like you."

Mattsun was completely frozen. He stood just looking at you, unable to move or speak as he tried to make sense of your words.

"Hah! I told you!" Makki laughed a little, appearing from behind to pat his friend's back. "Sorry about my friend, he's a little nervous when it comes to pretty girls. But he would love to go out with you sometime."

Mattsun still wasn't functioning.

"Oh, um, I-I'll just give my number then," you smiled, scribbling something on your paper before tearing it and passing it to him.

He was still unmoved, but thankfully Makki helped out, accepting it graciously before dragging his friend back to their study table.

Upon arriving back, Oikawa and Iwaizumi patted Mattsun's back, congratulating him for landing a cutie, but he was still completely dazed.

Soon enough, he looked up to you again, and this time, you didn't avert your gaze. You smiled back, a sight that made him weak in the knees.

He would have never expected it but since then, he was the one who wouldn't stop admiring you.

_____________________________

a/n

i love seijoh so much honestly ughh