Chapter 1- The New School (Tris)

Ugh. I groan and roll over. It's a new school, I should be happy, right. It's a new start. As long as I hang out with the right crowd, I'll be ok.

I walk to my closet in attempt to find something to wear. I pick out some black high-waisted leggings, a black skater skirt, and a white shirt that says 'Create What You Love' on it.

The shirt has holes on it, so I grab my North Face jacket. I put on my black boots and makeup, put my hair into a side ponytail, and run downstairs.

"Good morning Beatrice," my mom says as she grabs some eggs out of the fridge.

"Hi mom. Look, I would love to stay for breakfast, but I have to go. I love you!" I shout rushing out the door.

I hop on my bike and race to school.

I go into the office and walk up to the counter.

"Hi. I'm Beatrice. I'm new here. Can I have my schedule?" I ask.

A few weeks ago, we were tested for out optimal "faction". I tested Divergent.

The lady hands me my schedule. I accidentally run into someone as I walk along the hallway.

"Sorry," I mutter, keeping my head down.

"That's ok! I'm Christina, Dauntless faction. What's your name, and what faction are you in?" She asks me.

"I'm Beatrice, but you can call me Tris. I'm also in Dauntless. Can you show me where my classes and locker are? I'm new here," I respond.

"Sure! Looking at your schedule, you have all the same classes as me, and your locker is next to mine! Let's get moving!"

Well, this day is looking pretty good so far.