"Lindsey?" I asked, hopeful. She jumped in place and darted towards me. I smiled for real since forever. "Lou!" She jumped into my arms and I wrapped my arms around her.

"How are you?" She asked, stepping away from me. I shrugged. "Ok, I guess. I was in a car accident that killed my fiancé." She gasped and hugged me again. "I am so sorry!" I shook my head. "It's ok. That...bastard murdered my baby." She growled. "I hope he rots in hell." I scoffed.

"I hope he gets what he deserves." She glared at the ground. "We should hang out. Get that man out of your life....whoa." I turned to where she was staring and my shoulders dropped. It was Will's truck.

Will and Ron got out. "Will!" Lindsey waved. I grabbed her arm, rolling my eyes. I dragged her over to them.

"Oh! Hey Lindsey! What's up?" She smiled. "Oh, just talking with Lou and wanting to take her to my class. Step team. Remember?" Will nodded.

"I remember you guys were really good at that. Made it to the finals, right?" We both snickered. "Darn right! Shoved it into Trevor's face too." I said, smirking. Will grinned.

"What brings you here?" I asked, curiously. "Well, Sarah had a call from work. So I was picking up her car and dropped off Ron's truck." I eyed the truck. "Ok. But if I go home with my other leg broken, I am pointing to you if Dr. Ratchet gets angry. Then he can take it out on you." Will shuddered. I smirked.

"What happened to your head?" I touched the injury. "Oh, uh....Ron scared me and I slammed my head into his car door. It's nothing I can't handle." Will hummed.

"Oh, Ron!" I blinked and Ron came around the side of the truck. "He's going to help you." I heard Lindsey whistle quietly. I mentally groaned and turned around.

"Alright. Whatever. Bye Will." I said, starting to walk inside. Lindsey was next to me.

"I can't go to your class, but we can go coffee tomorrow after class, alright?" She nodded and squeezed my hand. "It's a date!" She yelled, running off. I shook my head and smiled. I missed Lindsey.

I looked back and saw Ron trudging after me. Men. I sighed and walked inside. I grabbed a cart and set my purse into the little seat and pulled out my list.

I started forward and looked around. All the women were looking behind me. I glanced back and saw that Ron just stepped in. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

Ron followed me around. "What's this for?" I looked into the cart. He pointed to the main course for Thanksgiving tomorrow. "It's called a Turdunkin." He looked at me, confused. "It's a Chicken stuffed inside a Duck stuffed inside a turkey."

He made a face. I chuckled and went back to the ads. "What are these for?" I looked back into the cart. "Chicken dumpling soup for when it starts snowing." He hummed.

"Sarah and Will do not make that." I nodded. "I'm the only one that my mother trusted the recipe to. That and fried chicken." He stepped back, thinking

I heard snickering. I looked over and saw Lilliana and her preppy girls. I groaned and set the paper down into the cart. I started walking away.

"Well, if it isn't Chloe Lennox." I stopped and turned towards her. "Lilliana." I said, sneering.

"Finally thinned out, huh? Oh, is that a ring? Hey girls. Look at this." Her girls came over. I rubbed my temples.

"Look. I have things to do and places to be. I have no time for your childish remarks." I said, turning my cart.

"Awe....is someone afraid of a fight?" I stopped and looked at her. "Me? Please.... Who whopped your ass all through high school? I did and I would do it again in a heart beat." I scoffed and walked away, leaving her stewing.

I grabbed what I needed and went to the kids area. I saw blue and I veered closer to it. It was baby boy clothes.

I reached towards it and let's my fingertips run across the fabric. I grasped it and removed it. I let's my hands run along the shirts.

"Was it a boy?" I jumped and blinked to see who it was. Ron. I turned away quickly and wiped my face. I put the shirts back.

"Yes." I whispered, looking down. I gave the clothes one last glance and went to the girls section. I saw a cute pink dress and grabbed it.

"You think Anna will like this?" I asked, turning to Ron. He studied it then looked at me. "She'd like anything you get for her." I nodded and set the dress in the cart. I eyed a few more and placed them in a cart as well.

"You're spoiling her." Ron groaned. "So? That's what aunts do." I chuckled as we reached the check out. I started setting things on the belt when my hands collided with Ron's. I looked up and saw him blinking at me. This was my first time touching him. I looked away and hurriedly put the other stuff on the belt.

I paid and set the bags in the cart. I started pushing the cart out the door, Ron on my heels. I got to his truck and started putting the groceries in the back seat.

I shut the door and someone grabbed my shoulder. "Come with me." He started hauling me backwards. I let my hands slid on the side of Ron's truck. I reached out and grabbed the wheel well. I held onto it.

I heard a growl and skin against skin. I fell to the ground. I went to the other side of the truck tire and huddled there.

"Leave her alone, Screamer." Ron growled as he threw another punch. The other guy growled. "I'll be back and when I do, you won't be able to protect her. Mark my words." The man took off running.

"What happened to Ms. Bitch, huh?" Lilliana sneered. "Since when have you let a man do your dirty work, Lennox." Ron stomped over.

"Leave, before I remove you myself." He growled. "Oh.. I'd actually like that." Lilliana batted her eye lashes. Ron grunted.

"Petty flirtation tactics are futile towards me. Get lost." He pointed away. I tried to suppress a snicker, but it slipped out. Ron shot me a small smile and Lilliana shot me a dark glare.

"Have fun with Kyle's sloppy seconds." Lilliana sneered. I winced as she stomped off. Ron glared at her until her car peeled out. Then he started my way.

"Are you injured?" I rubbed my arms and shook my head. He held out his hand and let it sit in the air. I stared at it.

"Chloe, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to prevent people from doing that." I bit back a remark. I slowly unfolded my right hand and slowly reached out.

I thought of many ways that he could hurt me. But he wasn't Kyle. No one was except his family. All Ron and his friends have been doing is helping me. They have been patient.

Ron had not made a motion to hurt me. He said he wouldn't. I looked into his aqua marine eyes and saw nothing but truth. Protection basically leaked off his frame. He did just save me from not just that strange man, but Lilliana as well.

I looked down at my hand as I let it slide into his outstretched hand. He slowly closed his hand around mine and gently held it like fractured glass. He slowly put his other arm under my elbow of my left arm and helped me stand.

I stood and blinked up to him. "Chloe? You need to breathe." He said. I tilted my head and felt faint. I opened my mouth to ask what he meant and I passed out, not realizing my lungs were screaming for air