Blank Slate

Hi, this is my first fanfic, so please don't judge too hard, however if you have constructive criticism then please post it in the comments. This story is a mileven story so I will try to fill it with mileven fluff, however also feel free to post ideas in the comments! I won't be able to guarantee  that I can do all of them however I might do some of them! As for updating, it will probably be pretty irregular, so don't count on frequent updates or anything like that. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Jane Elanor Hopper, El for short and I live in Chicago with my dad in a small apartment. My mom left when I was really little so I don't remember her much, but its OK. My dad Jim Hopper, is pretty much the best parent I could have, hes always been there for me. I know that I can talk to him. 

However it's only him that I can talk too. All my other friends are not nearly close enough for me to tell them some of the things I've told him. Like how when I was 12 I used to have dreams that there were monsters, with no faces and petal like mouths that would come get me, they lived in a dark world and in some of my dreams I would get caught there. I was so frightened that I would go to him in the middle of the night and cry. Why am I embarrassed about this you may ask? Well 12 seems like a really old age to go and cry to your dad about a silly nightmare. That was a year ago though. The nightmares have stopped since then. 

Enough about my past though, I'm now sitting in the car with my dad driving to Hawkins, Indiana. How did I get here you may ask, well 1 week ago my dad came home with "exciting news" , the news being that we were going to move to Hawkins because he got a job as chief of police there. 

It was not very exciting to me though because I was happy here. I had good grades, friends, and I was perfectly happy with living in our apartment. I wanted to stay right where I was in Chicago and live the rest of my life there. Dad being dad though tried to persuade me into liking the fact that we were moving, he said, " Oh El, it will be so nice there! You will meet so many friends, and I think that you'll really like a more quiet town." He went on and on trying to make it sound more amazing than it really was, saying how it would be nice starting with a blank slate and stuff. 

I put on a fake smile and told him that I thought he was right after a while. He seemed not to see through it, which was good, but that meant that I had to be "excited" the whole way to Hawkins. Maybe though, I can get away with being fake happy till we actually have lived in Hawkins for more than a week, then I can drop the act and beg him to move back to Chicago or something.

We'll be in Hawkins is a little while now and a little part of me secretly wonders if I really will like it here. Maybe I will, maybe I'll find a nice person to marry here or something like that. Or maybe I'll just move back to Chicago the second I come of age to. 

"WERE HERE!!!!"shouts my Dad.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts as I look around me, there is a mall, and a couple little shops and stuff. This is nothing compared to Chicago. As we drive down one of the roads, a group of boys on bicycles pass by our car, one of them stood out to me though. He had deep brown eyes and raven black hair. He had freckles dusted all over his light skin and as he passed we locked eyes. 

When we locked eyes, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I don't know why though. I do not want to have a crush on someone I barely know. What if he's a real jerk or something? Then I'll regret ever liking him, but a part of me hopes that his heart is as good as his looks-WAIT AM I REALLY THINKING THAT!!!!

All I'm trying to say is that maybe starting off with this blank slate won't be as bad as I thought it was going to be at first, maybe I will actually make friends and life can be just as good if not better than it was in Chicago. Maybe this blank slate thing will really change my life. Maybe.