𝖎.𝖝𝖛 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖊𝖓𝖉

Start from the beginning

Haven whipped her head around when she heard screams coming from the other direction. Ellis and Rosalie were also being chased down by the mutts, leading them straight to the Cornucopia.

This is it. Haven thought to herself, as she slipped a knife out of her belt with one hand, her other hand gripping her spear.

The pair from District 1 got closer, eventually ending up at the base of the Cornucopia. Ellis was the first to grip onto the structure, Rosalie following closely behind him. The tributes from 1 made their way towards Roxy and Haven, weapons at the ready.

"This is too easy Ros, just two wimpy girls left! This'll be fun." He laughed mockingly. "Which one should we take care of first?" Rosalie sneered.

The girl from 1 sprinted forward, shoving Roxy down onto the slick surface of the Cornucopia. Roxy started to slip on the icy metal, as Rosalie turned her blade in her hands, bringing it closer and closer to Roxy's neck.

Haven spun around and instantly threw her knife, the blade burying itself into Rosalie's back. The blonde from 1 collapsed to the ground, the cannon immediately sounding. BOOM. Haven hurried over to Roxy, who was now hanging onto the structure by only her fingertips.

"Grab my hand Roxy. GRAB IT." Haven yelled, extending her arm out in front of the redhead. "HAVEN." Roxy screamed as she reached one of her hands up, grasping for Haven's arm.

It happened in a split second. The ginger lifted her arm, barely missing Haven's hand. Her one handed grip on the icy structure began to slip. Haven tried to lean over further to grab her, but it was futile.

Roxy lost her hold on the Cornucopia, falling to the ground below. The horrific mutts immediately crowded around the girl, tearing away at her with their pointed fangs. "ROXY!" Haven screamed at the top of her lungs. Tears welled in her eyes, the vision of her friend being torn apart blurred by the tears.

BOOM.

"NO. NO." Haven shrieked, sobbing as she looked down to see Roxy's mangled, motionless body.

"How pathetic." Ellis mocked, Haven turning around at the remark. "No one's left to save the poor, miserable girl from District 4. Who's going to help you now." He sneered, making his way closer to Haven.

Fueled with rage, Haven threw a dagger at him, but he moved quickly, the blade only slicing the top of his bicep. She threw another one, this time the blade landed in his calf, causing him to let out a groan. "Is that the best you can do?" He mocked, approaching her.

The blonde went to grab another knife, but her belt was empty. Instead, she drew her arm back, before swiftly punching Ellis in the face, blood gushing out of his nose. He wiped his face, before kicking Haven in the stomach, the girl stumbling backwards.

Ellis threw a punch at Haven, but she dodged it, instead punching him in the stomach. He gripped his machete, swinging it at Haven, slicing a long cut in her arm.

Haven gasped in pain, before shoving Ellis to the ground. She stood over him, her spear at the ready, but Ellis instead punched her again, throwing the girl off her balance as she toppled to the floor.

The two were brutally fighting to regain power. Ellis stabilized himself with one hand, the other wrapping around the blonde's neck. The Cleary girl could feel the air dissipating from her lungs, each breath becoming increasingly labored.

As a last ditch effort, Haven kicked her leg, hitting Ellis straight in the stomach. He recoiled for a moment, his grip softening on her neck. She sprung up, now hovering over Ellis, pointing her spear at his throat.

Ellis, still gripping his machete, drove the blade into Haven's side, blood spilling out, the girl crying out in pain. Before he could get up again, Haven inhaled, and forcefully brought down her spear, stabbing Ellis straight in the stomach.

BOOM.

The blonde saw the exact moment that the life left the boy's eyes, hitting her with an intense pant of guilt, despite the fact that he was trying to murder her just a few seconds prior. Haven was gasping for air, the combination of her emotions and her injury taking its toll on the girl.

The Cleary girl stumbled backwards down the Cornucopia, collapsing on the white snow, staring at the cloudy sky above her. Claudius Templesmith's voice was the last thing Haven registered before she blacked out, her mind fading.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present the Victor of the 67th annual Hunger Games: Haven Cleary."

// author's note
i'm sorry.
it HURT me to write roxy's death, i loved her character so so much🥺
the games are over now, so reunions are coming soon (we all need a little happiness after that)
reminder that haven is baby and i love her that's all.
thank you so very much for reading! & haven's story is just getting started!!

i would LOVE if you left some comments & voted on this, y'all are the best!
- a <3

me when roxy died:

me to myself bc i killed roxy in like the most horrible way possible: