The Dare Ch. 18

So we are slowly inching closer to the end :) and all your questions will be answered :) sooooo if you want you can ask any questions in the comment thing :) with that enjoy!!!

Chapter 18:

I continued to hop around filled with joy.  All of the suffering and fighting resulted in lives being saved, although some had to die for the happy ending.  But right now I couldn’t think of anything other then getting away from this creepy house.

 We were about a mile away from any other houses, and the house was surrounded by woods.  So I stopped and got the attention of the others.

“Okay guys.  We have a few options here.  Call the cops and stay put, walk to a house nearby which might I add is about a mile away also we aren’t in any shape to be walking around with all of our injuries, or we uh pretend this never happened and just go to a hospital”

They all stared back at me with thoughtful looks.

“I think the last one is kind of impossible,” Kade says.

“True but it was just an option” I replied with a smile.  He smiled back nervously and glanced down at my arm, I could tell it was getting worst by his looks but I ignored it and thought it could wait till we were all safely away from the house.

“I go with walk to a nearby gas station.  I think if we go that way,” Sam points his finger in the opposite direction of the way I was thinking to go, “There is a small gas station about half a mile and we can call the police there.  Its better then walking a full mile” 

“That does sound better, and we don’t even have a phone here to wait for police so I opt with that” Kade says to Sam.

I look around to find Joseph and Davy standing to the side waiting patiently for us to come up with a solution.

“What do you think Joseph?” I ask.

“I think we should go to the gas station, my little brother isn’t doing to well.  The quicker the better” I nod my approval and we start to walk down the rocky road, ready to find other life.

About 30 minutes later, we arrived.  It took us so long because of our injuries, and exhaustion.

We all looked like we had just come out of a war movie, blood and injuries covering our bodies, along with scraps of clothes and dirt.

The door opened with a ding, and the guy at the counter looked up, “Welcome to Gas City” and with that he looked back down to the lottery cards he was scratching.  After a few seconds he froze, and did a double take of us while standing up quickly and running up to us.

“Wow, are you guys okay?” he asks worriedly.  I notice the phone in his hand as he dials 911.

“Not really” Kade says.

“Come sit back here while the cops arrive…oh and the ambulance are on there way too” He led us to the back room and we all sat on hard plastic chairs.

Three minutes later we hear the sirens of an ambulance and a cop car pull up at the gas station.  I guess we were closer to town then I thought.  We look at each other quickly.

“Well this is it…” Joseph says while standing up holding a sleeping Davy.

“Yup so we tell the truth right?  No cover ups, no lies?” I ask everyone.

They all nod, and with that we walk out into the gas station.  There is a middle-aged man, in a uniform with two ladies next to him waiting for the patients to bring into the ambulance.

When the cop notices us his eyes go wide with shock.  “Well what happened to yall?” 

We go into our explanation, all of us pitching in some information of what happened to us individually.  When we are done he laughs long and hard.  “How do you expect me to believe there is a whack job that lives just down the street that has been killing kids, and that you all just escaped?”

I looked at him with wide eyes, was he serious?  How did he not believe us?  Were we not enough proof?  Geesh who employed this guy.

Kade spoke up with a hint of anger, “Well since you think the world is too perfect to believe this could happen then I can show you the house and all the proof you need” His tone spoke, as if daring the cop to object.

“Okay you can later, but first you guys need to get to the hospital to take care of the injuries” I eyed the ambulence knowing it wasn’t big enough to hold all five us, not including the two nurses.

One lady pulled out her phone and talked into it, as if reading my mind.

“We need another ambulance here fast”

“Right away” a static voice responded.

She walked up to me, while the other went to the Davy and Joseph.

“Hi my name is Beth, is your arm your only injury?” she said while glancing down at my left arm.

“I’m not sure I was pretty beat up, and I’m hurting all over”

“Okay well your arm seems to be the worst so I will take care of that first” She took out the supplies in her bag and she came out with a shot.

“Uh what’s that for?” I ask warily.

“To numb your arm so it doesn’t hurt” She says, in a tone of questioning my sanity.

I dismiss her with a sigh, “It doesn’t hurt”

Her eyes bulge out, and she begins to worry.

“That’s not good, that means an important nerve in your arm has been damaged, you will have to go through surgery” she shook her head and muttered, “This isn’t good”

I look at her with fear, “Will I lose my arm?”

She looks up at me with kind eyes.

“You may just lose the feeling in your arm, or the ability to use it”

Just then the second ambulance pulled up, and we all climbed into it, while I had a numb feeling of shock run through me.

Joseph, Davy and Kade had already gone with the first ambulance, so it was just Sam and I in the second one.  They hooked both of us up to an IV, for what?  I didn’t know, but they were the doctors and knew what they were doing.  Soon we were pulling into a huge hospital, they put me in a hospital gurney, and rolled me into a surgery room.

I struggled to get up but they pushed me down gently.  “The sooner we do this the better chance you have at using your arm” and with that they put a mask over my face and fogginess clouded over, and I fell into a deep sleep.

************************************************************************

yeah so thats the end....

of chapter 18 haha :)

so please tell me your thoughts! i hope this chapter wasn't too boring, it def. wasn't my best, and i didn't look over it for a second time so there may be some mistakes!

sooo please vote, and comment :)