Nine

*Recap*

You watch him lightly stomp towards the bed, claiming the right side as his before laying down with his back to you.

You sighed at the childish Siren before letting out a small chuckle

*~*~*~*

"Jimin?"

You called turning to your companion while you cooked the freshly caught fish.

Three days have passed since Jimin started to come along with you, there has been a few slight arguments and Major explanations going on, thanks to the Sirens undying curiosity.

But besides that, you felt like you two have grown closer with each other with time. There were still death threats but thats about it.

For Cookies sake, he got worried and panicked when you took a sip of the water he used to wash his hands. You calmly explained to him about the functions of a sink but that still didn't stop him from trying to heal you with his miracle water, thinking that you got poisoned.

"Hmm?" He hummed staring at the Fire you made earlier.

"Are you sure its okay for you to eat this? I mean.. Isn't it like cannibalism?" You asked hesitant on handing him the stick with a fish on it's end.

He scoffed quickly taking the fish, "No it is not. In fact we mer-people quite like the taste of fish" he said taking a bite of the cooked fish.

You hummed eating your own fish deep in thought.

"Say Jimin?"

"What now..?"

"Why did you decided to come with me?" You asked staring directly at his Light blue eyes, he raised an eyebrow at you in confusion.

"What ever do you mean? I explained it already to you haven't I?"

You sighed biting your bottom lip, wondering if you should continue on asking him.

"I know.. But I can't help but feel like there's another reason, also you didn't tell me the Exact reason to why you wanted to learn the ways of land people" you flinched after seeing him give you a dark glare before sighing.

"The Main reason... Is to find the Human who is responsible for my mothers death." He said keeping his gaze on the fire not wanting to see the look of pity from your eyes.

"I will find him, and kill him in the exact way he did to my mother" he spat fist clenching until his knuckles turned white. You frowned before slowly taking his hand in yours.

He looks back at you, his eyes softening after seeing your gentle expression.

"You know violence is never the answer Jimin, no matter what situation you're in there is always a peaceful route" you gave him a kind smile. But he only frowned at you in return

"I need to serve Justice to my Mother Y/n." He stated with cold eyes

"Violence only leads to more violence Chim, please don't mistake Justice for Vengeance for you will only dig yourself In a much deeper hole" you adviced not wanting your new friend to do something he will regret later on.. Even though he doesn't want to be your friend.

"I'll take my chances... The other reason was you."

"Me?" You pointed a finger at yourself.

"Yes you. Specially your heart" he said taking a bite of his fish, you blushed not knowing if he was flirting with you or there was another meaning to it.

"I think you might have to explain futher" you scratched your cheek not meeting his eye in fear of him seeing you flustered.

"You have a heart of gold, which means you are in a greater danger than you could have imagined"

"W-what?" You shuttered heart dropping at the new information.

"For you see someone with a pure heart is very rare in this world, someone would even do anything to take it from you forcefully. Golden hearts when sold can buy you a whole Kingdom with so much money to spare after." He said with a casual tone while your legs started to shake a bit as you hugged yourself for comfort.

"Word on the sea says that it is difficult to kill someone with a golden heart. When you face that person weapon in hand you'll start to hesitate and will start to rethink your actions.

The more you stare at the person with the golden heart the more will your own heart start to soften until you drop your weapon and beg to be forgiven. Only one has successfully killed one before but has unfortunately died with an unknown illness afterwards. No one can truly kill a person with a golden heart" he finishes throwing away the Stick into the fire watching the fish bone crumble in the flame.

"But that won't stop anyone from trying though.." He shrugged making you frown thinking back to where you first encountered Jimin.

"Is....is that what stopped you from killing me? M-my heart..?" Jimin didn't answer and just kept his eyes on the fire in front of him, you sighed guessing it was a yes.

You stood up and walked inside the tent to sleep leaving the Siren all alone with his thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~

You two have been walking in silence for a couple of hours now, you were still feeling overwhelmed by the new info about you having a golden heart.

Sure, you thought of it as a compliment but not when there's a chance of anyone trying to kill you once they find out.

You sighed not liking the awkward silence but you weren't too comfortable to start a conversation right now.

Thats when you felt a hand grabbing your own making you jump at the contact, you turned to look at Jimin in confusion. He looked tense as he looks around the trees with his eyes turning animal-like.

You tensed up suddenly feeling anxious at the silent atmosphere, it was too silent to be normal. Usually you could hear a few birds chirping but it was dead silent.

Thats until Jimin suddenly pushed you behind him letting out a threatening Hiss, a few of his scales and fins were showing as he glared at the direction.

"Come out." He demands keeping his eyes on the right side of the forest, you flinch grabbing into his shirt when you heard a dark chuckle.

"Well, well, well~ looks to be a small fishy is out of water and-"

You screamed feeling someone blow on your ear "-he's with his little pet"

In a flash Jimin moved you away from the Man before raising his arm in hopes to scratch him, unfortunately the man moved away just in time.

"Woah there little guppy, no need for violence-" he chuckled using his Black wings to fly out of the Sirens reach.

Your eyes widen at the sight of his arms which were basically black Wings, his legs were bird-like also the orange beak on the place where his mouth was supposed to be.

"-unless you make things difficult" he finishes looking at the two of you like you were his prey, you gulped hearing a couple more flapping of wings from all around you.

You felt Jimin's grip on you tightens as he glared at the unknown Man's companion before hissing out their name.

"Crowshifters."

*~*~*~*

Another chapter done!! I was hoping to make it longer but I'm tired and I need sleep.

Hope you enjoyed it though

Peace✌🏾✌🏻✌🏿✌🏽✌🏼