Ch6

As we sat down in the teashop, Malfoy handed me a menu, to which I scanned for anything that took my fancy.

"I quite fancy a cherry scone." I declared, scanning the muggle friendly section.

"No problem. I'll try one too I think. I know it's muggle food, but I like to try exotic foods." Malfoy revealed, making me chuckle.

He got up and ordered the food, and the plump waitress came over to us.

"Here are your scones. I have put some butter and jam and cream on the side of each one so you may choose. Also, may I get you two any drinks? She smiled,seemingly eager to please us both.

"I'll have a pumpkin juice please." I smiled, turning to Malfoy to check that was ok and he nodded with a grin.

"I'll have a tea please." Malfoy ordered, putting his menu down.

As they were conjured up, we began to talk a little.

"So, you're into books, aren't you?" I asked Malfoy. I had noticed him reading every so often when he wasn't traumatising first years.

"Yeah, I read sometimes. I generally read at night." He told me.

"Oh me too. Have you ever read Pride and Prejudice?" I questioned.

"I always felt that Elizabeth was a bit too quick to accept Mr Darcy, especially after the happenings with Jane." He commentated, surprising me.

"Oh, I very much agree, although it's not as if he didn't show redemption." I concluded.

"They despised each other in the beginning. He was rather pompous."

"Although, Elizabeth was rather stubborn too, although I admire she stuck by her beliefs."

Our conversation carried on in that vain for a while, long after we'd demolished our scones and slurped down our drinks. I was surprised that Malfoy paid such attention to stories.

"See, today wasn't so bad, was it?" He pointed out, changing the subject.

"Actually, no. On the contrary, it was actually more fun than I thought." I surprised myself as I said that, finding that I actually meant it.

"We can go anywhere now. Where do you want to go?" He enquired.

"Let's go to the library. We can read a book together if you want?" I suggested nervously as we stood up.

"Okay," He agreed and we set off there and when we got there, we decided to read Five Children and It, which Draco deemed to be weird as it had a 'creepy sand thing' in it because he couldn't pronounce Psammead.

"You should come to a game night in our common room next weekend." He suggested casually, not making it into a big thing as he drummed his fingers on the book.

"I will get burned alive in the Slytherin common room!" I stated.

"Nah. If you're hanging around me, the worst you'll get are a few comments from Daphne Greengrass. Pansy Parkinson is hard faced, so take no notice, Astoria Greengrass is very polite and she's good company. Blaise Zabini is a joker, he will not hesitate to wind you up,and Theodore Nott is cynical, but sarcastic, but he is good fun. It won't be anywhere near as bad as you think." He attempted to convince me.

"I'll... think about it," I found myself saying.

"Good," He seemed pleased with that.

"Maybe we should head back soon. It's getting on a bit now." I said, wanting to get back before anyone became suspicious.

"I know. Well, you go on. I'm going to meet with Blaise. See you next dance lesson Granger," He put his hand on my hand and fixated me with a look, to which made me flustered from the contact and I nervously smiled before I hurried away back to the castle.

I didn't have a lot to worry about.  Although I wasn't stupid enough to fully trust him, that day set him in a new light for me.

A/N: hope y'all liked that one! I low key discovered that we can't breathe through our mouth and nose at the same time! Actually baffled. Anyways, love you all my BonBons! Love from PotterheadBonBon 💗 💗