Ch4

I had a safe haven; the library.

What with trying to wrap my head around the whole Malfoy situation and trying to assist Harry and Ron in finding dates for the blasted Yule Ball, I rarely had a moment to myself.

Unfortunately, at some point, Malfoy must have obviously gotten the memo that the library was my safe place, and when I heard the familiar irritating drawl, I hoped for my sake that he wouldn't find me. Merlin he was annoying.

I rolled my eyes at his ferrety tones and I became engrossed in Hogwarts; A History, which I'd read several times and severely scrutinised as it had several out of date facts within it. I jotted down various corrections on a spare bit of parchment. Suddenly, a shadow was cast over my desk, blocking the light. I didn't even have to look up.

"Go away." I demanded, trying to concentrate on the fact sheet I was in the midst of creating.

"That's not a very friendly thing to say to your date for the ball now, is it?" He said lightly, unfazed as he sat beside me with no hesitation.

"You sure you want to sit there? Won't your precious reputation get tainted?" I said, annoyed he'd chosen that spot.

"Not half as much as yours would be. On the other hand, it'd be hard to taint you. You're such a goody two brooms at everything." He sneered.

"Did you just come here to be an arse or was there something you actually wanted?" I huffed impatiently, bored of his mind games.

"As a matter of fact, I did want something. Although, being an 'arse' as you so eloquently phrased it, was a delightful bonus," He said sarcastically.

"What is it you wanted then?" I asked, just wanting to be rid of him by now.

"I was thinking, we can't go to the ball without knowing each other properly. It's not as if we are friends. Perhaps; this weekend, we should go to Hogsmeade? Find somewhere... quiet to get to know each other." He stated and I almost fell off my chair in shock.

"Why do you even want to get to know me? I'm still confused why you even want to go to the ball with me!" I replied, shocked.

"Stop being difficult. Just... meet me there at half past twelve, meet me by Madam Puddifoot's teashop." He smirked, before he walked off.

"Malfoy, wait!" I called after him, earning me a furious shush from Madam Pince, to which I meekly apologised as I gathered my belongings in pursuit of the blonde serpent.
I wondered how I could find him, but slippery as he was, he'd vanished from my sight, so I did the only thing I could think of.

I rushed to the Gryffindor common room, where thankfully I saw Harry and Ron discussing dates. Again.

"Harry, can I please borrow the Marauders Map?" I practically begged urgently.

"Yeah, sure," He said, exchanging a weirded out look with Ron as he passed it to me from his pocket.

"Thanks, I'll bring it back later. I have to find someone. It's a library thing." I lied on the spot, rushing away.

"Ok," Harry called after me.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," I muttered, and the map revealed itself to me.

I scanned the parchment eagerly, trying desperately to find out where Malfoy had sloped off to.

My quick eyes spotted him down by the greenhouses, seemingly above the ground. I knew there were apple trees there and nobody could ignore the fact that he gorged on them frequently.

I hurried through the corridors at a brisk walking pace as I set off to find the Slytherin Prince. As I scurried down the hill, and to the side, I hissed his name.

"Malfoy? Malfoy, are you here? MALFOY!" I yelled a little louder, only to receive a clonk on the head from what was a green, half bitten apple.

"Shut it Granger. People will hear. I'm up here!" He called down to me, from up a tree.

I sighed expressively and placed my hands on my hips.

"What's all this Malfoy? Why all of a sudden are you interested in me?" I enquired to sate my curiosity more so than anything.

"Don't flatter yourself. Just come to Hogsmeade Granger. You might be surprised," He responded, in a typical Malfoy fashion.

"Fine! If I must, but count yourself lucky Malfoy." I glared, unable to resist my curiosity.

I hated to admit it, but Malfoy's way with words had an effect upon me and he had perhaps intrigued me.

A/N: hope that wasn't too bad I would love it if Malfoy took me to Hogsmeade! Also, rn I'm low key dying because I dyed my hair and it's washout but it looks bloody awful until I next wash my hair! It's turned it instead of lilac into a weird dark blonde and with a random purple hint in places and I hate it so much! Looks so awful! I might just bleach my hair and become a female Malfoy! Anyways, love you all my BonBons! Love from PotterheadBonBon 💗 💗

P.S : I ain't leaving the house ever again.