Ch1

Hermione's POV

As I walked between Harry and Ron to the classroom Professor McGonagall had allocated for us to go into, we were curious. She'd never taken us in there before, let alone with all the fourth year and above Gryffindors but Ginny was also there of course. The downside was, as the room was rather big, the Slytherin students had to participate too.

The two rivalled professors stood beside each other and adressed their houses saying the same thing. We had to practise for the Yule Ball, which was a traditional dance during the competition of the Triwizard Tournament and it had been a tradition for centuries before we were even thought of. It would occur on Christmas Eve and it would require some dancing lessons for those who were not well taught in dance.

"Right, I would like you all to pair up with someone in the opposite house." Professor McGonagall addressed us all, sternly looking down at us from her small beady eyes.

There was a melodic echo of groans and protests throughout the room as she announced this and Harry and Ron shot me a sympathetic glance.

I made no haste to move as I knew none of them would willingly pair up with me and I didn't want to make a fool of myself by being humiliated.

That was when Professor Snape grabbed Malfoy by the scruff of his neck, muttered something to Professor McGonagall and to my shock and horror, he pulled him towards me.

"Miss Granger, seeing as you are incapable of making a simple decision to pair with one member from the opposite house, which is not difficult, you will work with Mr Malfoy, who luckily for you has a lot of experience in dance and will be able to guide you." Snape droned to me, and I sighed visibly, and reluctantly got to my feet as Malfoy mockingly held a hand out towards me, which I just as sarcastically took.

"Right, so how the hell do you ballroom dance?" I asked him through gritted teeth, thinking I just had the worst luck.

"It's not rocket science, though I gather you've never tried the lotus?" He smirked.

"Isn't that to do with yoga?" I questioned naïvely, and he struggled not to laugh, and contented himself with an arrogant snort.

"Stupid question, stupid answer. As if you're ever going to try the lotus!" He scoffed, looking at me distainfully.

"Can we just dance please? I don't want to get into trouble." I requested, getting mildly irritated with the ferret.

"Whatever." He rolled his steel grey eyes and put one hand onto my waist, his icy fingers making me cold even through my uniform and shuddered.

"What's the matter Granger?" He asked sharply, getting annoyed with me slightly.

"Nothing," I insisted, and when our hands connected, he looked down at me as he had grown slightly taller than me, much to my dismay.

"Follow my lead then." He instructed and he guided me across the floor smoothly, and I only stumbled a few times as he was a little faster and a lot more skilled than I thought and he was a lot better at dancing than I was, but I was a quick learner and picked up the dance quickly, so he only told me off a few times.

"Put your foot to the right Granger, it's not hard." He sighed, and I did as I was told, but scowled, and he had the audacity to say this;

"Smile more. You look like an angry bird's nest."

I put on a sarcastic smile, and did the dance reasonably well. I was not the worst dancer by far. Harry was tripping a lot and Pansy Parkinson was not pleased when he stood on her feet constantly. Ron was not one for dance, but he tried because he was mildly afraid of Millicent Bulstrode, so he did not want to anger her.

I glided around, waltzing with Malfoy, and to my shock, I actually didn't look terrible dancing.

When we finished dancing, I was out of breath.

"That's one of the best dances you'll ever get." He complimented in his own twisted Malfoy way, and I shocked myself further by giving him a small smile.

"Who are you taking to the ball then?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"I've had about four people ask me already with pathetic little letters and flowers and all sorts. One girl even did a dance for me before she asked me. When I rejected her, I more than made up for it afterwards." He smirked as he winked slightly.

I didn't know what to say to that!

"Seems like you have several admirers then." I fought hard not to be jealous that I didn't have lots of people asking me.

"But, I've decided who I'm taking." He spoke as we grabbed our things.

"Who?"

"You." He said simply.

I was taken aback. I was speechless and my jaw dropped.

"Don't get too excited Granger," He spoke before he strode away to join his friends.

I was completely baffled. I didn't really know how to take that!

A/N: Welcome to a Secretive, Whirlwind Romance! This is my new story. I hope you enjoyed that chapter because I loved writing it! My face was aching all the way thru because sunburn is a Biatch!  Anyways, love you all my BonBons! Love from PotterheadBonBon 💗 💗