Chapter 9: Helping Jaune

Start from the beginning

Everybody seemed exited, even the assassins showed a few smiles. The bell finally ringed, and the students started leaving. The only person who stayed behind was Pyrra, who looked upon Jaune with a frown, he was still sitting on one of the benches, face down.

***

Beacon Cafeteria, some time later

It was lunch time and the three teams (RWBY, JNPR and EJEA) were at the same table, listening to Nora's "Epic Story".

Nora: So! There we were, in the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day.

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai!

Ren: They were Beawolfs.

Nora: Dozens of them!

Ren: Two of them.

Meanwhile, Pyrra, Evie and Ruby looked at Jaune with concern. His face was still down and he seemed to be clouded by his thoughts.

Pyrra: Jaune? Are you okay?

Jaune: Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little...

Evie: ... Not okay.

Everyone was now looking at Jaune. 

Jaune: Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look!

He made a thumbs up and gave everybody a fake smile. Suddenly, the table got distracted by team CRDL picking on a rabbid faunus girl. Aveline was about to stand up, but Ezio stopped her, nodding is disaproval. Aveline took a few seconds, and sat back down.

Pyrra: Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school!

Jaune: Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah... He just likes to mess around! You know, practical jokes!

Evie: If so then he's out touch.

Ruby: He's a bully!

Jaune: Oh, please! Name one time he's "bullied" me.

Jacob: That time he dropped your books.

Yang: That time he turned on your shield, and you were stuck in the door for hours.

Ezio: That time he shoved you into a locker, and sent you flying outside of city limits.

Jaune: I didn't land far from the school!

Pyrra: Jaune, you know if you ever need help, you can just ask.

Nora: Ooooh! We'll break his legs!

Aveline: I like that one.

Jaune: Guys, really, it's fine! Besides, it's not like he's only a jerk to me, he's a jerk to everyone.

Everybody heard an "ow" from where team CRDL was. Cardin was pulling on the faunus girl's ears.

Faunus Girl: Ow! That hurts! Please stop!

Cardin: I told you it was real!

CRDL member: What a freak!

Pyrra: Atrocious. I can't stand people like him.

Blake: He's not the only one...

Yang: It must be hard to be a Faunus.

Suddenly, Aveline stood up and started walking towards Cardin.

Ezio: Aveline!

Aveline: I'll be fine.

She walked up to Cardin and grabbed him by the wrists, squishing it, making him let go of Velvet's ear.