Daniel, wanted to... Almost rolled his eyes. Prevented himself a second earlier because that would be all shade of improper. Not that he cared being proper, this was his mother. And mothers should be respected, no matter how annoying they could possibly prove to be sometimes... Well, he straightened more.  "Of course, I do." he gave his reply calmly. She had told and recounted the story a million times... Not like he kept record of it... But each week at their once in a week family dinner, she never fail to retell it to him and his sister. It was starting to bore him to death. His baby sister dozed off at the middle of the epic tale the last time it was shared. And here he was to go through the toture of having to stand through it. He scowled.  "Mum..."

"Your father..." She began, her eyes turned blank as she drifted back years ago. "... Was the son of a minister. While my father owned, WTB: World trust__"

"Yes, yes. I kn__"

"Silence!" She barked. Obviously in the present and not completely lost in the past. "...World trust bank." She completed. Her face contorted to a sweet-sour grimace. "Our parents struck up a business deal. That was how they decided to bond more by joining us their children in marital bliss." She angled her head, peered astutely at him. "At first I felt it wasn't right. I entertained even the thought of running away..."

Daniel, sighed. He had never heard this part. That sparked his interest a tiny bit.

"... My father, your grandfather sat me down. He talked to me like he would his closest friend. Disclosed a lot of things in life I my then young self wasn't aware of. Encouraged me make a try." She focused back on, Daniel. "When I finally succumbed, I realized it was the best decision I made. The best thing that ever happened to me."

Not your decision though... Daniel didn't say that out loud.

"You can also testify to the love your father showered upon me. Me to him in reciprocation. He became my confident, my best friend. Each day we spent was worth it. Everyday, I fell in love with him over again." Her eyes misted.

Daniel, felt disgusted at himself when his mind travelled to, Eva. He sincerely believed his mother about loving his father till his death. That, at least should have diverted his attention to the matter at hand instead of thinking about a woman... He groaned again... This time like a wounded beast. The thought of her always made his heart to leap. Chill splattered right round his spine. His chest swelled with longing.

He still want her. If only to crush his lips to hers and... And... The softness of her skin. He needed to feel it as much as he needed oxygen.

Vigorously, he desired her.

Should have her.

Must have her.

Daniel, admitted shamelessly. How pathetic? Here his mother was talking about a present woman, and he was reminiscing about a ruthless lady.

Holding himself no more, Daniel forgo his rule about being decent, he rolled his eyes to the ceiling and back at his mother.

Her brow ached up in surprise.
"You think that pathetic, don't you?"

"What exactly?" Daniel, forced himself to reality.

"I didn't fall in love with your father in a day. When I did, I realized he was my flatulent man and partner." She paused. "Melissa, is a nice woman. And from a well reputable family." A very, very wealthy one, it also said by her expression. "I see my grandchildren in her."

Involuntarily, Daniel smirked. Tucked his tongue to his cheek. Wanting nothing more than to hear no more of that crap.

"You are my only son. I want the best for you and would stop at nothing till I get it for you. I won't deceive you. Your dad is gone and I__"