CHAPTER FOUR

Daniel, stared sightlessly at the massive tv, at the movie rolling. He had been like that for the past one hour.

His mind in racing track. Heart shrink atop his stomach. He had acquired all he desired out of life when growing up. His life was complete––almost complete. He find it hard to dissifer what was missing.

At thirty-four, he had lot of money that would sustain his generation to three. Why then did he always feel an overwhelming sense of lost. He wasn't a happy person at the moment.

After the uncalled breakup, he had dated three other women. It ended as soon as it'd began. His mind kept repeating the imagine of a certain someone he wanted so bad to forget.

He shouldn't let an ex ruin his life. A life he got not from a platter, but from years of hard work. At first, he had been excited to see her. Went ahead to hope she'll... Well he better not let his thought wander to an inappropriate places.

During the dating period, she'd always pontificate her reasons caring not if he was hurt or not. With an inchoative he had stopped calling her to know if she would retract and apologize for her negligence. Instead she took offence with that indirect caution and quit calling him.

After all the humiliation why the hell was he still desiring? Why dying to crush her in his embrace and outline to her how much he missed her touch.

Maybe he was still stupid because he hadn't learnt his bitter lesson. Through out the one year, Eva never for once visited him at home. It was either they met in hers or bloody hotel. His hotel, in his private suite.

Isn't that incredible.

She does not even know he owns it with several others across the country. Plus his Multi-billion Fexi, oil company. Maybe she hadn't suspected because he was the type who keeps a low-key profile. Or the fact that he painted the entire thing to look like his mother established the company after his father passed away five years ago.

A moulded guilt slapped at him when he remembered he had lied to her about being only but an employee in his company. An expensive lie he wanted to correct on her birthday. However before twentieth November which was her birthday, she had messed up their relationship and had caused him to be grateful for lying to her right from the beginning.

With his irresistible look, physique and money, he knew he could bed thousands of women if he chooses. Something about the alluring woman wasn't making it easy for him.

The moment he had encountered her again in that eatery, he unconsciously gritted his teeth in regret to why he hadn't been there for her in those three unbearable years. Instead he ached until hell wouldn't have it anymore.

Eva, did made him lose his mind for the thirtieth time in two weeks. The thought of her made him ache badly in a way that wasn't supposed. He even considered forgetting all she'd done when their hands brushed. If she'd made any advances, he would have surrendered his all for her luscious hand to explore. What he desperately wanted them to do to each other.

Daniel, recoiled. Furious with himself for allowing a dark-eyed siren to use his reckless need for her to tempt his past usual resistance. No doubt she was an exceptional little actress who made him feel as if he held some unique power over her attractive self and emotion.

He had extreme contempt for  for pretense. Despise being taken advantage of by manipulating him using his feelings. It stung his pride that he'd fallen beneath her wicked spell and nearly succumbed to a fit of lust.

Lust or love?

He snorted. What difference does it make. The love part existed in his past and had waved it to oblivion when she'd taken him for granted. A strong strange feeling he experienced only for her.