And all he saw there wasn't tears... but a spark of something menacing.

"Like seriously, mum?"

"You are thirty-three, son." Her voice rattled like the crack of bone. "My first issue!"

"Please, stop it!" Daniel's, voice rose for the first time at his mother. Angry she found it best to dictate his life, who he weds... His patience drained.

Her eyes bulged. "I am your mother. So__"

"So you stay out of my business. I'm a full grown man, not a kid!" He brushed past her puffing hot breath. After taking four steps, he stopped, stormed back, "it's my future. I'm the one to live with whomever I choose, not you. I don't picture her with me, so desist from telling me who to tie the knot with."

Melissa, gasped. Staggered back an inch as though hit by a brick. The blatant rejection seemed to squeezed her heart that she struggled not to pass out at the spot.

They hadn't even get to know each other and he hated her. Had she done something wrong? Why does he treat her in such breaking manner. How horrific was it to him that she showed him how much she admire him that she was willing to let him bed her the first day. She found him worthy of a companion... A man she unrelentingly wishes to spend her forever with the moment she set her eyes on him... Told about, actually. Could another woman... Be the reason behind his refusal of her advances.

Being a many women dream, the probability of another shitty-dirty-harlot taking the attention away from her, incensed her to the core. Couldn't she have him all to herself in peace... Without struggles and her getting hurt?

Monica, glared furiously at her son. She knew how stubborn and determined he always had been. A personality and charisma that had grew through the years. A trait he inherited from his grandfather. Arguing with him in front of the already shattered lady wouldn't bode well for neither of them.  Melissa's, father was already in support of the union. Learning about the tossle would definitely uncage the cantankerous in him. A tool that had fetched him his riches. So familiar with what he was capable of doing.

Monica, inspected the slightly trembling, Melissa. Blamed herself for not seeking, Daniel's consent before instructing she stay with him for at least five days for them to get to know each other well enough in every aspect.

She needed the partnership and deal as swiftly. Melissa's, father had stated clearly that without marriage, there won't be any partnership. Money always comes first as far as she was concerned. With, Melissa into the family, the rich cycle continues. And what a magnificent achievement it would be... But... She somehow feared her son might settle for less. Worst she needed no gold digger infiltrating their beautiful life.

"Give us a minute, dear." Monica, whispered to, Melissa. Fighting back rage building inside of her.
When, Melissa hesitated, she flashed her a smile that from afar it appeared to be as genuine as it can get. However looking closely, it looked more like the snarl of a Cheshire cat.

Melissa, downed her face, and stalked upstairs. When she reached the top of the staircase, she glared down at them briefly before letting herself into a room from where they heard the burst of a cry.

Watching the vacant space where, Melissa had last occupied till she vacated, it somewhat calmed his temper. She was good looking. Might be a satisfying sight to behold if it wasn't for the feelings he housed for a certain impossible woman. He would have made her his the moment she showed up.

That admission caused, Daniel to shake inwardly.

Monica, started pacing like an old tiger. Her thin lips, thinned further forming two inches line. Like she always do when: Anxious, nervous or angry. She turned once more to her son. Her brown eyes pierced his inherited once.  "Do... You know how I got married to your father?" She said barely below a growl. You could tell her current battle at containing her temper.