06 | let's play!

The black-haired girl woke up two hours prior to the original call time at school. She felt excited today which was odd for her to feel this way. She hasn't been excited for the past three years about anything, but volleyball sure does the job of making her feel alive about how she really is. She remembered that she had planned something today with Tanaka and she looked for a pair of loose shirts and shorts. She picked up the clothes she used to play with the people she knew from the other school, it brought her nostalgia. For the first time in three years, she is going to be reunited with the love of her life- a sport that she's always been fond of.

She couldn't remove the anxiety but she needed to make sure that she wouldn't go overboard while playing. She fixed her gaze on the clothes, putting it above the pajamas she wore for the night. She looked at herself through the mirror inside her room and sighed. "Playing should be fine, it won't happen again."

She nodded to herself, giving her the assurance for the big step she's about to make today. She asked Tanaka to bring some knee pads and an elbow pad for her right elbow, which is where she usually puts it. She searched for her rubber shoes and placed the extra clothes in her bag. She knew to herself that her previous coach would be happy once he found out that she'll be playing but then again, she's only doing it so that she could teach Hinata properly. She laughed at herself, she could already see how the team had been rubbing off on her for a short period of time.

She undressed and went inside the bathroom to get ready for school. The atmosphere was rather chilly to her liking so she had to turn on the heater on her shower for the sake of not freezing so much. She didn't want to go through hell early in the morning.

Suddenly, she remembered the smile on Nishinoya's face last night while they were walking home. Well, the night consisted of them just getting to know each other. It was rather a night of comfort considering that the both were comfortable with each other's presence. Nishinoya asked her several questions while she did the same.

When she finished taking a bath, she dried her hair using a blower and styled it to a high ponytail as the violet streaks on it stood out more. Looking at the clock, she noticed that it took her just an hour to get everything ready. She had decided to eat breakfast outside before going to school since cooking in the morning isn't something that she actually likes to do voluntarily.

She lives alone so this was pretty much the way of her set-up since her father works in the states and she was an only child. She was putting on her shoes when a knock on the front door of the house was heard. She was skeptical about opening it since no one knew her from her place but when she opened the door, she was met by the libero waiting for her outside.

"Hey," [First Name] greeted him, "Good Morning." She said, leaving the house and locking the door.

"Good morning." He gently smiled at her

"I don't think we made a deal of walking together to school," she said as they started walking, "What brings you here?"

"I just woke up early and I was hoping you were awake too. I wanted to eat breakfast before going to school, so here I am." He said and she nodded, "Were you just about to leave?"

"Yeah, same reason as you." She answered, "Is your place not far from mine, though? I don't think you should be wasting energy to go to my place, I can manage walking alone."

"Seems to me that you're sick of me already." He jokingly said but before you could protest he talked again, "Well, you could say that I live pretty close."