20 | for old time's sake

"I'm going to take forever at this point." She murmured under breath, shaking her head. She does not want to make Nishinoya wait but her hair is just so annoying. She wants to cut it.

[First Name] Sakai has never been bothered by her hair before. The long black and violet streaks that reach her waist have been unruly the entire morning and she does not want to go out with a messy hairstyle like this. As she looked at herself in the mirror, she could not help but feel frustrated with her unruly hair. She had always struggled with it, but today it seemed particularly uncooperative. She sighed, looking at the mirror for the nth this morning. She gazes at her hair while brushing it, but it just will not stay still.

They are now back at Miyagi since the training camp just ended yesterday and just like they promised, they are going to meet for the day to reminisce about their memories when they were kids. They are weeks away from the nationals and this get-away might be helpful for the libero. Especially since it has been weeks since he and the girl last spent time together alone. Now, the girl is standing right in front of the mirror, having a hard time fixing her hair.

"Well, it is getting hot, I should cut it for a change." She spoke. All her life, she has been cutting her hair by herself since she is capable of doing it. Growing her hair for two and a half years, it was time for her to cut it. She grabbed her scissors, leveling it to her hair. "Maybe almost the same length as Kiyoko-san's."

She hesitated at first because she wasn't sure what she was doing. But as she continued to snip at her hair, she began to feel more at ease. As her locks fell to the ground, a weight was lifted from [First Name]'s shoulders. She finished and looked at herself in the mirror again. Her hair was neater and easier to manage now that it fell just below her shoulders. She smiled contentedly; she hadn't had short hair in a long time. She then spent a few minutes playing with various styling techniques and products before settling on a sleek, straight look that complemented her features perfectly. It was simple, yet so pretty.

Finally, after what seems hours, she finished getting ready for her meeting with the libero. She rushed out of her house and found Nishinoya waiting for her outside of her house, as if he was lost in trance. He was sitting on the ledge in front of her house where her plants grow. She then noticed that the color of her clothes matches the same as Nishinoya's, although they didn't talk about the color of their clothes. They were wearing casual, one that is the most comfortable for the two.

"Yuu," Nishinoya got lost from his daze and looked at the girl that he had been waiting for. He was met with the girl with short hair, falling beautifully just below her shoulders. She smiled softly, "Sorry, did I make you wait? You should've knocked so I could let you in."

"N-No, I just got here!" A lie. Nishinoya got up way too early today, but for the first time, he didn't mind.

He has been looking forward to this day the moment they decided that they would do this. Well, they were just housing apart, so he didn't mind coming earlier than they planned.

"Do you think I should go to your house and say hi to your grandfather and sisters?" She asked him, "It must have been awkward for them when I didn't recognize them."

"It's fine, they all understand!" Nishinoya smiled at her, "But you can talk to them after today, for now, it's just all about us."

"Alright then," she smiled. Nishinoya's heart instantly pulsates at the sight of the girl's smile. It was as if he never lost her. "Lead the way."