"What are you doing here?" I asked curiously. Kaden lived across the world, all the way in India, he moved there about two years ago after he graduated.

"I felt that it was time for me to come home." He said, ruffling my curls.

"I'm glad you're back." I replied honestly. I hadn't seen him since Christmas so we had a lot of catching up to do.

As we made our way to the table, I noticed that my dad was missing.

"Where's dad?" I asked Helena.

"He's in his man cave. Do you want to go get him?"

"Sure."

I exited the dining room and walked down the hallway where tons of family photos filled the walls.

I stopped when I noticed an empty space on the wall. I couldn't remember which photo was supposed to be there but l knew that it was very familiar. I wonder what happened to it.

Deciding to look at them later, I headed to the door at the end of the hallway.

Before I could knock, I could hear my dad faintly tell me to come in.

Opening the door, I wasn't surprised to see my dad relaxing in his reclining chair while watching an old football game.

"Hi dad." I greeted while bending over to hug him.

"Hi princess. How have you been holding up?" He asked concerned.

"Just trying to keep my head above water."

"I'm sorry you have to go through this. Breaking up with someone isn't always a bad thing. A divorce isn't always a bad thing. Leaving a relationship can be liberation.

You have the opportunity to move on, there's nothing to hold you back. I've been in the same spot you're in. When your mother left, I thought that there was no place for love in my heart again.

But you know Helena changed that for me. Don't close your heart off because of one setback, you still have the chance to love again. I mean if that's what you want. Understand?" His eyes telling me that he understood my situation. I needed to get myself together and heal.

"I get you dad."

"Here" He reached to the side of his chair and handed me a photo. It was my wedding photo. "Do want you want with it?"

I looked so happy. We looked happy. Now we aren't. It's not your fault, I remind myself.

"Thank you dad for everything. By the way dinner is ready."

"Let's go eat."

We headed to the dining room where I threw it straight into the garbage bin. Kaden said grace when I got back to the table and we all dug in.

Later that night when Tam and I got home, I looked myself in the mirror took note of my frizzy hair, and bagged eyes. You need to take better care of yourself. I thought.

It's time for a change. I was going to be just fine alone.

The best thing I could do right now was grow. Grow into someone better than I was before this.

Just before I went to sleep I thought about Miles. His cerulean blue eyes were the last thing I remember seeing before my slumber.

Matthew's POV:

I couldn't go to sleep. I'd been tossing and turning for a few hours now.

I needed Vanessa. I only slept comfortably when she lay beside me.

Why hadn't I seen that before I cheated? That she was the only one for me and that I was the only one for her.

How could I have believes that she cheated on me?

I realized it now after she caught me making a mistake. I just needed to prove it to her. I just needed another chance.

No more screwing up after this.

The old me is gone and the new Matthew Woods was ready to be a good husband to his loving wife.

Vanessa's love for me was gone, I could tell. But that doesn't mean I have to give up.

We could patch things up, we could reconcile.

She can't find someone else. I couldn't live with that. I won't let that happen.

I just had to make her understand that I cheated due to a misunderstanding.

I'm the only man allowed to love her. The only man that she's supposed to be married to.

I'll never look at another woman again. Only Vanessa, my baby.

Mark my words.

We will be together again. I'm 1000% sure of it.

No matter the risk, no matter the cost. I'll get her back. Vanessa will always be my wife.

Announcement:

Hey guys, sorry it took so long to update. I missed you guys and I miss your comments. School has started back up, and I'm sure that calculus will be kicking my behind.

Question:

Do you think that Vanessa and Matthew should get back together? Do you think she'd be happier with Miles?

Let me know what you think. Be safe guys.

I love you all.