Arrows

Christine quickly pushed him onto the ground "Shh"
"But I-" he gasped as an arrow flew over their heads
"Steve, run." she said quickly taking his hand as they stood, dragging him deep into the woods.
"I'm not leaving my horse!" he cried, pulling his hand away and rushing back.
Quickly, he grabbed a plank of wood off an old abandoned cart, and held it in front of him as he rushed back.
"C'mon Rusty!" he said as he grabbed his reins, doing his best to block the arrows being shot at him. Rusty reared and stood on his hind legs, neighing "easy boy" Steve said, trying to calm him before the wood flew out of his hand as a stray arrow pierced his arm. The sound of whoever was firing them getting further and further away.
Gritting his teeth, he pulled Rusty toward the wood, jumping on his back and searching for Christine.
"Steve! Over her- oh my god your arm!"
"I'm fine" he grimaced, getting off his horse "oh my god..is that an arrow in my arm?"
Christine nodded slightly
"There's an arrow in my arm... there's an arrow in my arm" he repeated before passing out
"Steve!" she cried and sat down, putting his head on her lap to get him comfortable.
Gently slapping his cheeks, Christine tried desperately to wake him up.
"Come on Steve, come on! Okay, um... oh! Maybe you have something in your bag?" she said aloud, looking through his bag, grabbing his water bottle and splashing him, gently.
He blinked for a moment, as if confused to what had happened.
"Steve?"
He sat bolt upright before he winced "oh that's not good is it?"
Christine gave him her handkerchief to dry his face off and shook her head. "No, we need to get to Jack's camp so you can rest up before he teaches you"
He wiped his face dry and stood up "Let's get moving then, we don't want to run into whoever it was that put this arrow in me. Speaking of that, can I pull it out?"
"Not right now, we have no medical supplies. Once we get to Jack's camp."
Steve nodded as Christine climbed onto Rusty.
"Do you know how to steer him?"
"Yes, why?"
"You take the reins. I want to rest my arm as much as I can... plus there's an arrow in it"