Goodbye Papa

The next morning, Steve woke early. As usual. He put his glasses on and stood up, stretching. His blonde hair was sticking out in all directions. Christine couldn't help but giggle as she woke up. "Morning Steve"
"Morning Christine" he said, concentrating on smoothing his hair.
"May I?" Christine offered, pouring a small glass of water.
Steve nodded quietly. "Mm hm.."
She smiled politely and put some water into her hands before starting to smoothing his hair down.
Steve stayed quiet, studying her face as it was reasonably close to his. Something new to him. His experience with women didn't extended past his Mother!
He cleared his throat, slightly embarrassed. "T-thanks.."
Christine smiled "you have nice eyes Steve"
"I must have inherited them from my birth parents, Mum and Dad have brown eyes.."
"You're adopted?"
"I was found, my Dad rescued me after his boat was evacuated. I was in the sea, all I know about my birth parents is that they named me Steve." He smiled.
"Good morning.." Christine's father yawned. "Don't mind me, you too continue" he chuckled, cheekily.
Christine took her hands out of Steve's hair and smiled shyly.
"Sorry.."
"It's okay. Thanks for fixing it.." he said in an almost whisper.

Christine made Steve, herself and her father some breakfast, Steve fed Rusty some of his before saying his thanks and goodbyes to the two. Christine went back into the house and sat with her father.
"Go."
"Go? What do you mean Papa?"
"Go after him, go with him!"
"Papa, Steves just a man. Not your heroic heir"
"You don't know that-"
"Neither do you!"
"But I do know if you go with him, you'd be happy. When I was your age, I'd already met your mother" he smiled at the memory "and we will be reunited soon. You will be alone, please go after him before it's too late. I'm your father Christine, I know these things."
"I love you Papa" she said softly, hugging him. "We will be back, I promise"
"But I will be gone, don't be sad. I'll be happy with your mother"
Christine gave him another hug and a kiss on his cheek.
"Goodbye Papa" she smiled, running off to go join Steve.