Part 4

After King left and Abhi made Kiara sleep in her crib in his room, he took Pragya's mangalsutra and kept it in his pocket and started reading Pragya's diary.

Diary entries:

Two days after Dadi's death

Today I woke up in a hospital and came to know that it has been two days that I have been unconscious and no one even came to search for me. I had expected to wake up in a place where my Bulbul, Papa and Dadi will be but no such luck in my life. The doctors came to check me and dropped a bomb shell. They said I'm pregnant and started telling me about the medicines I should take but my mind was on the fact that Dadi and Suniye should be here and they would be happy when I tell them. When the doctor left and I was alone the reality came crashing down that no one is there to share my happiness.
I thought that I should tell him but the hatred I saw in his eyes that day scared me that I'll never be able to live if saw that again in his eyes especially now. The doctors asked me to take rest and be in the hospital but I got myself discharged and slowly started towards his house. I didn't have money in hand so ignoring my broken arm and leg from the fall, started walking towards his house as I know they'll conduct Dadi's funeral today. I reached there with a bloody leg and saw her funeral from afar and paid her my respects and hid myself from all of them. I hope that while in heaven she should be happy and know that she was going to have a great grandchild. I silently left from there and thought that I should go to my Ma's house but when I went there I saw her happy with Preeta and Shristi and I know the moment they see me like this the happiness will be gone from their face and don't want to be reason for another unhappiness.

Already he didn't believe me when I tried to explain to him that I went after Simonica to save him and when she and Tanu tried to aim at me Dadi got hit. I didn't want Ma or anyone to be unhappy because of me. I went from there and took a room for rent in a chawl and started to plan on how to go far away from here so that no one ever sees me and while thinking like that I slept empty stomach.
---------------------------------------------------------

Abhi remembers how he spotted a small pool of blood near a pillar on that day and prints of a leg in blood leaving from the house. He cannot but compare how she came into this house by making footprints in red colour in the house and now also left leaving red footprints in her wake. He controlled his tears and moved to the next entry.
--------------------------------------------------------

A week later,

I took out all of my savings from my account which wasn't much but enough for me to survive for some months and booked general tickets to Delhi to start a new life. As a last minute impulse went to his house to try to at least say goodbye. When I went there my courage left me when I saw him pampering Disha along with Purab. I wanted to be in Disha's place so that he can pamper me like he is doing to her and almost stepped inside when I saw his face again when he called me panauti and broke every relation with me. I left from there and turned back at the last minute to see if anyone saw me but no one was there. I was in the train when I saw my moments with Suniye flash in front of me and I felt a pang in my heart that I'm going far away from him and this time he'll not come after me like last time and that might have been the last time that I saw him in front of me.

Next day,

I reached Delhi and took a room for rent in a chawl nearby a government hospital and then ate a pav bhaji from last night for breakfast and went to the hospital for check up. The doctors prescribed some medicine citing that I'm too weak and iron is less in my body. While standing in line for the medicines I realised with sarcasm that "The Rockstar" Abhi's baby will be born in a government hospital and there will be no paparazi afterwards. The medicines were a little expensive and I realised that I should start looking for a job to bear my expenses and take care of my baby. I skipped lunch and took a bowl of plain rice for dinner and slept.
---------------------------------------------------------