Chapter 17

Hunter…

In celebration of our engagement, I had planned a celebratory engagement dinner with Arianna's parents, her best friend Marissa, my Beta Zander and his parents.  Zander is my best friend, after all and like a brother to me.  I mind-linked my beautiful mate and told her to meet me in our room to get ready.  She came upstairs 10 minutes later, and I grabbed her quickly, slamming my lips onto hers.

"Hunter!"

"I missed you…"

"It's only been a few hours."

"Way too long."

She giggled, then kissed me again.

"Come shower with me.."

"Yes ma'am."

I let her pull me into the shower, but took control of her and made sure we got dirty before we got cleaned up.  When we finally exited the shower, I could sense how happy and excited she was.  I could also see her gigantic smile and she hummed happily as she searched for a dress to wear.  She settled on a cute sleeveless black dress with pearl earrings and a pearl necklace.  She pulled her hair up and left little strands hanging down.  She looks gorgeous with her hair up.  I wore a simple black suit with a white shirt.

"Ready to eat?"

She checked herself one last time, and turned to me.

"Do I look okay?"

"Beautiful."

She smiled and I took her hand as we made our way downstairs.  Everyone was waiting for us, except my Beta.  He texted me that he had to pick up his parents and would be late.  We just decided to start without him.  I couldn't let my baby get hungry.  We all take our places, with Arianna by my side.  Marissa sits on Arianna's other side, and they gossip as we all enjoy our food.  10 minutes later, Zander finally arrives with his parents.

"So sorry we're late.  We had ..."

His sentence is cut short when he sees Marissa.  They lock eyes, and we all look at them as the realization sets in.  Arianna squeezes my hand.  She smiles at me, because she also sees what I see.  Zander moves around the table.  His eyes never leaving hers.  He pulls her up and to him.

"Mine...my mate…"

"I am yours."

He just picks her up and leaves with her.  We all watch for a minute, then I hear Arianna giggle.

"I guess they won't be back."

Everyone chuckles, then gets back to the meal.  Throughout the meal, I kept pulling Arianna's chair closer and closer.  Now it was butted up right next to mine.

"Hunter!  Maybe I should just sit in your lap."

"If you insist."

I easily scooped her up and placed her in my lap.  I heard her gasp, then giggle.

"Hunter...you-."

I stopped her with a big kiss on her ruby lips.

"Oh Hunter...you crazy man."

"If you weren't so delectable, it wouldn't be a problem."

"It's never a problem being close to you."

She is teasing me.  She's been running her hand under my suit jacket, and over my chest.  If these people weren't here, I would throw her on the table and have my way with her right here.

"Ari…"

She lightly pecks my lips, then smiles.  She's so happy.  Laughing and smiling.  Everyone is drawn to her presence.  She's going to make a perfect Luna.