Chapter 9 Would You Leave?

Y/N's pov

"Hey Shirou, Y/N!" Michiru smiled as we walked into her room "Have your wounds healed?"
"You went to talk to her right?"
  "Yes but you're cover hasn't been blown though. So you have nothing to worry about.." She looked at the ground, Nazuna must not of believed her "A thousand years of marriage, how have you put up with him that long Y/N."
I chuckled lightly at her remark earning a glare from Shirou. He moved to hand her something, placing a wrapped bun in her paws.
  "An empty stomach invites a bad mood." Shirou spoke "You'll  just have to see how things go and feel out the situation for yourself. You need to find an answer you can live with." She looked at us strangely "What?"
"Nothing just the wisdom of a one thousand year old person sure is something." She teased Shirou "So were you two married before you changed?"
"What's with you and our marriage status?" I rolled my eyes "The answer is yes. Like I said once before we've known each other since childhood."
"You're like the ultimate version of soulmates." She giggled earning a grunt from Shirou "It's adorable. Still one thousand years with him."
"Now you're making fun of me?"
"Thank you." She smiled at us "Both of you. I'll eat it now." I watched as she bit into the bun "Have you two ever thought of children?"
  "What the hell is wrong with you?" I pinched the bridge of my nose "You don't just ask someone that."
  "You're blushing!"
"We're going to the police station to learn more about Yaba." Shirou spoke looking unfazed as I crossed my arms "Are you coming?"
  "I'll pass today." She stood up "Something came up today."
  "Michiru.." I sighed looking at the Tanuki beastmen "Just don't go near that church or the medical center for now."
  "I promise I won't" She yelled pulling her jacket on before waving "See you later!"
I turned to Shirou raising an eyebrow as he shrugged. Walking towards our room we both grabbed our jackets and headed towards the police station. Shirou pulled me into his arms as a group of young beastmen ran by us, almost knocking me over.
  "Thanks." I smiled up at him before lacing our fingers together "Hopefully his cell holds some clues. You think anyone visited him before he changed?"
  "Possibly." Shirou nodded "We'll know more once we investigate the scene."
Arriving at the station, Yuji was standing in the front waiting for us. We said our greetings before following him in.
  "There was nothing peculiar going on before this happed." Yuji spoke as Shirou sniffed the area "Well here's what he did that day, he just went around his usual day routine, then Boris from the church paid him a visit."
  "Boris?" I questioned "Why?"
"He said he was giving the teaching of God to the criminals." Yuji continued "But after he left the jail was destroyed. Most criminals escaped, no letter of apology will be able to explain this."
  "I want you to show us Yaba's body."
  "Sorry." The dog beastmen rejected Shirou's request "His body was taken to the medical center."
"Why is his corpse there?" I questioned "I thought the police did the autopsy."
"The police do whatever they are told to do." He sighed "We have to obey the orders from up top."
I turned the Shirou as Yuji left us, we reached a dead end. I sighed in annoyance knowing we couldn't reach Yaba's corpse, why was it at the medical center?
"I don't like this.." I muttered "Not one bit." I turned to look up at Shirou before we started to walk home "I wonder how many more years must pass, till this city is truly protected from humans."
  "What brought that up?"
  "It's about what Michiru said earlier." I sighed looking up at the sky "About us having children. I just want to know how much longer it will take till this place can be considered a safe haven, no more humans, no more relying on their funds. We both agreed we wait till this city was out of any human control and contact before having a child. It's just sad to think I could be another lifetime."
  "It will happen.." he whispered lifting our intertwined hands to his lips, kissing my knuckles softly "One day.."
  "I know." I smiled sadly "I just have a feeling things are about to get worse.."
A storm hit as soon as it became nightfall. I held a cup of coffee in my hands looking out the window when a car stopped outside the building. The church of the silver wolf was gathered on one side as the opposite door opened. I raised an eyebrow when Michiru exited the car. She stood outside in the rain for a few minutes before walking into the co-ops. I walked down stairs with Kuro on my shoulder, Shirou was leaning against the doorframe as Michiru dried herself off.
  "What happened?" Shirou spoke "Didn't we tell you to stay away from the hospital and the church?"
  "They told me.." She paused for a moment pulling the towel off her head "I could be human again?"
  "They?" I questioned "Who told you what?"
"I was in a accident over a year ago, Nazuna and I both got hurt." Michiru explained as Shirou and I moved to sit on the couch "Apparently the blood they used had been mixed up and beastmen DNA was pumped into us durning a blood transfusion. Alan Sylvasta said it was an accident."
"An accident?" I looked down at her "And you believe that?"
"He said he was sorry and promised the medical center is working on a cure."
"And you believe him." Shirou grunted his eyes glaring at her "What if it turns out you're just another pawn in his scheme?"
  "The only reason you both are saying that is because Alan is a human." Michiru crossed her arms "You just automatically doubt anything humans say."
"With good reason." I sighed crossing my arms "Isn't Nazuna a human? She lied to all those beastmen clamming to be the silver wolf. Lying is common among humans.."
  "You're wrong, she isn't like that! Even though she is lying about being the silver wolf.. the thing is she's always wanted to be an idol and having people worship her is almost like that in her eyes. But I think what she really wants is the oppressed beastmen to have a little hope and that's why she's doing her best to be the silver wolf. I can't help but be amazed by that, so we should tolerate her doing it for a little longer."
  "What's with the necklace?" I pointed at her "You joining the church now?"
"No! I'd never join that bogus religion." She lifted the necklace up "I believe in Nazuna no matter what."
"You sure you want to go back to being human?"
"Huh?" Michiru was taken back by Shirou's question "Of course I do."
"If you do?" I spoke rubbing my arm "Will you leave Anima City?"
"Honestly I love this city but I also miss my home. So yes I would end up leaving."
I nodded my head, deep down I knew the answer to that question. But the truth was she had become a part of my life, of our lives, her leaving would hurt.
I looked out the Mayor's window the next morning, staring at the medical center. That place still rubbed me the wrong way.
"I want Yaba's autopsy results." Shirou demanded calmly "I want to know exactly what happened to him."
  "Some changes in his beast DNA were found."
  "What do you mean?" I asked turning to the mayor "What kind of changes?"
"unfortunately I don't know the specifics yet. But they've been passing information along as it comes."
  "Why's the medical center in charge?"
"It's not ideal but they have some of the most advance techniques." Mayor Rose spoke, answering Shirou's question "Besides Alan is not a bad of a human as you two believe."
  "Why's everyone on his side?" I complained leaning against the window "Something seems off about him."
"Sorry." Shirou spoke as I looked over at him "Neither of us have met a single good human since we were born."
  "Oh but you meet with one all the time." The mayor smiled "Isn't Ms Michiru a good human."
  I grunted at her response turning my head to look over the city. Shirou seemed to think the same way, a frown plastered on his face.
  "She was a human." I muttered shoving my hands in my pockets "And until she turns back into one, I don't consider her human. She's a beastmen as of now at least in my eyes."