"What's going on, Kie?" She asked.

Kiara's lips met with Brooklyn's, soft lips on soft lips. For the briefest of seconds, those lips, hers and Brooklyn's were tentative, unsure of what they might find. They found their match in warmth and their mouths opened as if unlocked, and tongues met, and suddenly she was no longer she.

She was the sea, and Kiara was flying over that sea, dark and rolling as deep water rolls. It flickered with silver in the quarter moon and their lips were where the sea and the land met and those deep, rolling waves crashed and broke and sent plumes of sea foam up over the cliffs, washing them clean.

Kiara's burning, trembling hands reached from her hips, up to her ribs, and stilled themselves as Brooklyn drew her into her, as the tide draws higher to the shore. Still they kissed, sharing breath, bodies close, the deeper scent of she, beneath the perfume and sandalwood and cream.

Their lips broke, and she was she, and Brooklyn was her, and that parting was like being cast from the sea to the land. Marooned, shipwrecked, half drowned and gasping for air.

Well... that was some kiss, Brooklyn thought.

Brooklyn forced herself to say, "Um... Kie, we can't."

"I'm so sorry, I-." Kiara gulped, looking up at the brunette's flustered face. "I like you, Brooke and I know we're best friends and you have feelings for JJ but I needed to tell you so I can-."

"It's okay, Kie." She chuckled. "I'll admit. I do have a minor crush on you... but I do have feelings for JJ and I can't turn those off." She paused, seeing Kiara pull her eyes away from her. "I love you Kiara, I really do and my feelings for you are strong but my feelings for JJ have been around for a long time."

"No, it's okay. I'm happy for you. I think now that I've told you... I can get over you and move on." She smiled, feeling some sort of closure from this.

"One hell of a kiss, though." Brooklyn laughed, giving the girl a nudge to lighten the mood.

"You're a better kisser than your brother."

"Okay, that's gross but thank you."

"JJ is really lucky." Kiara chuckled softly. "Can you not tell anyone about this, please."

"Of course not." Brooklyn leaned in and pressed a tender kiss to Kiara's forehead. "I love you, Kie."

"I love you, Brooke."

The next morning the crew, minus John B all gathered in Heyward's shop. They decided to help him out with stacking and resupplying. It wasn't what Brooklyn signed up for but it certainly did take her mind off the crazy events that spiralled the night before with JJ and Kiara.

"Don't let it get in your head. Three of them and two of us. That's typical Kook shit right there."

"Hell, yeah."

"Hey, I helped bitch." Brooklyn smacked JJ's cheek playfully, rolling her eyes.

"Sorry, babe." He laughed, averting his gaze from Brooklyn to Pope to ask, "What was your thought process, using your head?"