Chapter 8: Strange, Good Fellows

Beniēn

The hell are they doing? Showing each other their arm tattoos?

He was lying low in a tuft of bushes, eyes squinting up at the two humanoid golems (he had no idea what they called themselves) standing on a towering monument. They were safe here Beniēn was sure. Sneaking past the other armed humanoid creatures to get this close, it looked simple but in truth he felt that it was going far more smoothly than it should have been, doubly so considering who he was stuck with.

Beniēn scratched his dark hair in thought of that. Better not push his luck on this holding up because the moment he thinks things are going well boom, a Touga moment will happen.

No, he was better off thinking about how he was able to sneak past all these creatures without alarming anyone or being shot at. He was not complaining but honestly it was getting a bit embarrassing.

Do these things even have eyes?

Apparently they did, but he was not one to trust first appearance, experience taught him that. Something was odd about these creatures, and he didn't just mean their strange looking appearance being like nothing he'd seen before.

Although they were on patrol and had the look of men eager to let a few shots loose (He saw and heard them let guns loose at least three times since sneaking here) every once in a while there was this look of loss in their eyes. As if they'd suddenly woken up from a daydream and were trying to recall their name. Maybe he missed reading their faces. After all their yellow skin, uniform dress code and golem like features were a complete contrast to his dark-skinned, wavy hair and flamboyant green looking clothes. Far as he knew their look of a smile could be a frown. Either way for whatever luck of reason they'd gotten away from sneaking mishaps and Beniēn was willing to bet it was because they occasionally looked lost to the world.

He shouldn't be complaining he knew, still he could not help but shake his head at their negligence.

As one of the golem-like creatures he was watching stared at the exposed yellow skin of the other he then glanced away from the other with a dismissive wave of a hand as he returned back to overlooking the area. The other one who had its sleeve pulled out facing the dismissive creature looked to have said something under their breath before rolling the sleeve back up and picking up his rifle. Beniēn shook his head at them the most. Had they been doing their job properly then they would not have even gotten this close to the structure. He's seen them fire at a pile of rocks near their locations, so they can see well enough. He'd thought they spotted them at first but apparently not. Still, the rocks they shattered with their weapons were so close that some pebbles rolled but his hands as they ducked under the bushes.

One of the loose pebbles even struck Eye Biter, his trusty floating green-eyed Machina. It was hidden near one of the bushes of the tree trunk, he was thankful that he put it in sneak mode otherwise Eye biter with it's blinding speed would have gracefully avoided the pebble and clumsily crashed into the bushes alerting half the camp of their location.

Surprisingly the girl next to him (who he had no control of) was oddly silent. She wore an extremely revealing outfit. Well... if you wanted to be generous, to put it bluntly however, what she was wearing couldn't be considered an "outfit" anymore. It should have been scandalous, or at the very least out right distracting. Maybe on any other girl it would have been. But this was Touga, Touga was not like any other girls, and not in the complementary way either. She was like... a stray fox. Sounds stupid but well, if you saw a fox strutting around in nothing but their fur would you bat an eyelid?

So yeah, Touga was like a fox. Instinctive, excellent in a fight, but not someone you'd welcome into your house at any hour.

The hell I'm still with Touga anyways? Beniēn had half the mind to check if he was not turning half fox himself.