5.

An hour had passed and we were all tired after our first mission so we didn't talk much but it was okay. Sometimes silence is good. "Princess, Safi, we are home." O'Wana informs us as she looks out the window playing pilot.     "APPROACHING THE WAKANDIAN BORDER." The system tells us. I sit upright as we enter, watching as the dome opens for us.
    We arrive at the Palace and exist the hovercraft where we are greeted by King T'Challa, Queen Nakia and Okoye standing near the entrance of the palace waiting for us as we walk out the hovercraft. The rescued agents walk off after js and are met with two nurses who take them away to be looked after.
    We walk up and I'm feeling confident about what my dad will say. We successfully retrieved the agents and no one got hurt, I feel myself smiling as we walk up. I stand before my parents with Safi and O'Wana who lower their head in their presence before looking back up to them in the eye. I never liked bowing to my parents, in my mind I was a royal just like them so therefore we are equals. My mother begins to speak.
    "So, we have Intel that the mission was a success." She says happily, the way she looks at me shows she wants to have more expression but she hides her excitement and contains her smile, but I know later she'll talk to me about it and be jumping off the walls at how we preformed. I simply smile and look at Safi and O'Wana who are also feeling proud of their performance. "It was Your Majesty. We work really well together." O'Wana chimes in, as she smiles with her teeth. 
     I know this is just as big an accomplishment for her as is me. There's no doubt that one day O'Wana will be head of the Dora Milaje, this was just another step on her journey to becoming General. She looks over to her mother, Okoye and they smile to each other. "I'm so proud of you, O'Wana." Okoye says smiling as she looks into her daughters eyes, "You really show the spirit of a warrior." And in that moment, I see O'Wana beem. In a way we both look for our parents approval, but only one of us usually gets it.
    "Thank you mama." O'Wana says quietly while smiling. My Dad begins to speak and it catches me off guard considering he hasn't said anything since we approached them. "Escort Safi to the River Tribe, make sure she gets there safely. And great job to the both of you," He says to them. "I will let the River Tribe Elder know of your success." he says looking to Safi. Safi smiles softly in response to his comment. "Yes your Majesty." O'Wana says as she makes an X with her arms before walking off with Safi following. I watch as they walk off and turn my attention back to my father, meeting his gaze.
    "Sooooo," I begin to speak. "Did I do a good job?" I ask him. "You did great." My mother replies calmly, and she does this often, It's almost like she speaks for him at times but I'm not looking for her response, I'm looking for his. I want to hear come out of his mouth. "Baba?" I ask looking up to him as an awkward silence fills the air. Bast how hard is it to tell me I did a good job?
   "You....You did good." He finally speaks. I give a small smile but I don't really mean it. I look at him for a moment before giving a dry "Thanks." I then say that I'll be in my room if I'm needed before cutting in between them and stepping up the stairs that lead into the palace. I rub my arm as I hear my parents discuss something as I leave, I don't hear it but I know it's about me. It's moments like these that leave me wondering if I'm good enough for him or if what I do ever will be enough.