Chapter 20

Whether You Like it
or Not

"It was just two days since you came back but then here you are, already with someone else." He spat.

Sulji felt like her whole body turned to ice and her heart melted at his fire.

"S-sir" he's just staring coldly at the secretary.

Taeyong let go of her but the fire in his eyes won't seem to go away. Sulji tried to stand straight and keep her balance as she watches the ceo closing his eyes trying to calm himself down.

Both of them couldn't utter a word after the jealous one's outburst. After he calmed down, he draws near her ear and whispered.

"The next time I find out or see you again with him, you'll know how I'll raise hell for you." He hoarsely said and now smirking like crazy then left her there, confused at his indirect confession. Her legs weakened and felt like jelly at his look.

__

5:40 P.M

The sun is starting to set, Sulji and Yerin are in the company's cafè after a long tiring day.

"Kang Sulji!" Yerin shouted at the secretary, startling her.

"What!?" Sulji said a bit irritated because of interrupting her thoughts.

"Girl, you are spacing out. What happened?" Her friend, concerned about her.

"Huh? U-uhh, I-im fine" but she spaced out again.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, As if I'll believe you" Yerin rolled her eyes.

His words are the reason why her mind all messed up.

"Yerin"

"Hm?"

"Uhm. Nothing, never mind" Sulji sighed, she's all messed up, both her heart and mind. And whenever she thinks about him, her heartbeat speeds up.

"Sulji— is it about your boss again?" The secretary paused a bit then kept her silence.

"Ms. Kang. . ."

She quickly stood up in shock. Her friend was surprised too. She's having an idea that he is the boss,  the boss she has been threatening for a long time.

"Oh, so he's the jer— mean boss." Yerin, with a low voice she said and her brow raising up, judging the man.

The employees and other customers who know who he was seemed to be surprised at his presence because he rarely visit the cafè area.

"Come with me" Taeyong then turned his back and about to walk outside but Yerin cut in the scene.

"Excuse me sir but our labor hours are already finished." She sarcastically said. The ceo stopped in his tracks and turned his head to her. Also, she doesn't care if he's the ceo, she doesn't give an f.

"I don't care, I need her. And mind your own business" He fired then came near Sulji and pulled her wrist, he doesn't care if he's making a scene in the cafè as long as he can take his secretary with him.

"Your secretary is my business" Yerin being competitive. Taeyong just stared at her with anger and irritation.

Sulji sensed the tension between the two so she restrain them from throwing fire at each other.

"Yerin it's okay. Go home now and rest. I'm gonna be fine" she came closer again to her friend and lower her voice so that only the two of them could hear it.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, yes I'll be fine"

"Okay, please take care"
"I will, you too." and with that, Yerin let go of her.

"Who is she?"

"I'm sorry sir, she's my friend. Mr. Jung's secretary" she apologized

"I wasn't informed that Jaehyun also got such a tough lady, just like what I have." He turned his gaze to the secretary at his last remark. She avoided his gaze.

Tough lady tsk.

She thought

__

Sulji's:

"Uhh, sir I'm sorry to ask but where are we going?" I asked

"Han River" he replied while driving.

What? And what're we going to do there? Date?.. I don't think so. We aren't even a thing-

Oh my gosh! What the frig am I thinking!?

Kang Sulji, you delusional frog! He just got mad at you earlier and then you're imagining things like this, what a delusional really.

When we got there, Taeyong brought me to a restaurant near the Han River. He said we need to eat first before roaming around the river. I insisted to pay my own food but in the end, he won our debate and paid for the expenses.

While waiting for our food, he talked about what we will going to do while we roam around. He seems to be calm and in a good mood now, he even said that it's still early and we can still do a lot of things while strolling.

But of course, even if he's in a good mood, his cold aura is still there and the way he talks still authoritative and usual coldness.

It seems like he all planned this out. Another thing is... why me? why with his secretary?. I mean he has Ms. Yooa but he chose to stroll with his frigging secretary.

Maybe, I will just think of this as his peace offering?

__

We finished eating and started to walk around

The cool night air blowing, the river calmly flowing, the city lights scattered everywhere, children with their families & couples are all over the place watching the night sky and waiting the day to come to an end.

But I wish the delighting feeling I always felt when I'm with him will never end.
. . .

When I was a kid, Mom and Dad always bring us here every Saturday and have a picnic. I miss them, I miss the old days.

I didn't notice I was smiling at what I am seeing... I felt peace at the same time sparks of happiness.

"Why are you smiling? Are you happy I brought you here?" His questions are wonderful but his face wasn't, his brows furrowed.

Why can't he even smile?  Can you please smile a bit? Why so serious about life?

I want to say that to him but maybe next time.

third person's:

The secretary and the ceo stopped walking as they watch the river, Taeyong put his arms on the railings. His back facing Sulji when he spoke.

"Sulji... " It's the first time calling her by her name, she smiled softly.

"Yes, Mr. Lee?"

"I want you to avoid making an encounter with that man again, you don't know him"

"Yes, sir I'll try my hardest." she nodded

"I don't want you to try your hardest, don't just try. Avoid and stay away." He said sternly

"Sir we aren't really sure, what if— "

"No what ifs"

"B-but why— " Again, her mind and heart starting to mess up.

"Because you're mine now" he said directly, his eyes locked with hers.

Sulji's world, heart, and mind seemed to stop. It feels like her ears deafen at what he said then her heart starts racing.

"I'm in love with you whether you like it or not, I'll win you"

tbc