004. ➪ 𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀.

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I know. I've heard things about you." The girl sighs and rubs her arm awkwardly.

"Heard things? Like what?"

The girl looks at you. "That you get abused at home."

I was. I made sure to keep it a secret. Marcel and I made sure to keep it a secret. Marcel didn't have to deal with being abused but me? I had to deal with it. I wasn't exactly Cullen's favorite but I didn't want to be his favorite.

He basically threatened my mom telling her that if him abusing me and my mom ever got out into the public, he'd make sure to make her go through hell.

My mom didn't deserve that.

"...Who told you that?" You ask and look at her already clenching your fists.

"Well I heard it from other people and those people said they heard it from others...i'm not sure who started saying it. But is it true..?"

"No. It's not." You say before running off. Then you see your brother with Khione. Marcel grabs her waist pulling her closer and you felt like throwing up. You grab Marcel and pull him away.

"What the fuck-"

"They found out."

"Huh?"

"Rumors are going around about us being abused."

Marcel let's out a sigh and puts his hand on your shoulder. "I know."

He what? He knew?

You glare at him before pushing his hand off of your shoulder.

"Then why didn't you say anything?! Mom is already going through a lot! Now she's going to go through a lot more because of you!"

"Calm down."

"No! You're so fucking careless because Cullen treats you like you're his actual son!"

"Don't call me his son!"

"Then open your fucking eyes, Marcellus. Just because you have it good doesn't mean mom and I do. I don't care if I get abused but if mom gets hurt...I swear on my mother's grave, I'm killing both of you."

Marcel knew you meant that. Every time you said "I swear on my mother's grave", you meant it. You didn't care what it was but you kept that swore. He gulped and you could see the slight fear in his eyes.

You then walk away to try and find the person who started the rumor and you had a pretty good idea who it was.

There you saw him, talking to his friends and laughing. You were about to approach him but the bell rung. He walks away and spots you.

Both of you stare at each other. You gave him a glare and he just gives you a sly smirk before winking at you.

I'm going to fucking kill him.

Lunch finally arrived and you walked through the hallways trying to find Nakoa. Usually you would be trying to find him to avoid him but this time, you were trying to find him to make him regret messing with your family.

You see him in the lunchroom and you enter but before you could go any further, you were stopped by Leo and Noah.

"Y/n, stop." Noah says and blocks your way.

"Move." You say and push them out of the way but Chloris and Khione stood in front of you.

"We heard what happened and we know what you're trying to do." Chloris says. You noticed Marcel standing a few feet away with his head down and leaning against the wall. You scoffed knowing he told them.

"Okay and? Get out of my way."

"No." Khione says and looks at you.

Her eyes were so pretty. You could fall right into them. She looks at you and you look at her. Tears begin to swell up in your eyes before you wiped them away.

"I said get out of my way. Nakoa crossed the line."

"And you're going to make it worse by attacking him." Noah jumps in and looks at you.

"Yeah, Y/n. I mean I get that you're trying to protect your parents but fighting Nakoa just makes it seem like you're proving his theory." Leo explains and nods towards Nakoa.

What the fuck is this? That doesn't even make any sense.

"Then do you believe we're getting abused at home?" You ask and stare all of them.

"Well do you believe it or not?!"

"You trying to attack him makes it seem like it's true.." Chloris says.

"Y/n, look at him..he knows what he's doing." Leo continues.

You all turn to look at him and he's standing there with his friend group who are all staring at you. Nakoa is staring at you with arms crossed and a sly smirk on his face. You clenched your fists as you glare at him. You had tbe urge to plant his face in the ground. You had the temptation to make him regret what he did.

"Y/n, like you said, you don't want mom going through any more trouble, right? Well, if you attack Nakoa then you're just putting mom through a lot more too." Marcel butts in.

"Now you care?"

"I've always cared! You just keep making this difficult!" He shouts causing people to stare.

"Whatever. I'm leaving this shit hole. See you at home, Marcellus." You say.

Marcel knew you were angry. The only times you called him by his full name was when he did something extremely bad. He felt guilt swirl inside him like a thunderstorm.

The thing was, he wasn't the only one feeling guilt. So were you. You clutched your stomach feeling sick from all the guilt and anger. Just as you were about to leave the cafeteria, you heard someone stop you.

"Going back home to your abusive family? Or are you running away like some fucking coward?" He laughs.

Don't do it. Don't do it..

"Back off, Stryker." A familiar voice interrupts.

There you see the curly headed boy, Finn standing with a few friends.

"Stay out of this, market bo-" Nakoa insults but was interrupted by a punch. Everyone looks to see the girl from before who slapped you.

"You're the one who turned me into the fucking police, asshole!" She says before she kicks his legs and is now on top of him throwing punches. Eventually, she is pulled off by security and spits at him landing on his face.

You look at Nakoa who is staring at the girl then his gaze shifts to you. You don't want to deal with him so you walk out of the lunch room.

He got lucky.