016. ➪ 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀.

October. 7:13 PM

You were high. You laid on the floor and looked at the ceiling. You felt amazing and relaxed. You turn your head to the side and see Finn laying next to you.

"Hey Finn..?"

"Yeah, Y/n?"

"Do you want to go to the dance with me and Nova?"

He chuckles and turns to you. The both of you are staring at each other, a few inches away from each other. His soft brown eyes were mesmerizing and beautiful. His curly hair was tucked behind his ear, showing his face.

"The halloween dance?"

You nod and he smiles. "I completely forgot about that...it feels like just a few weeks since we've met.."

"Sure. I don't mind going." He responds and scoots closer to you. Your heart skipped a beat for a second and you held your breath.

"Wanna know something..? I hate most people...but you're pretty cool." Finn says. You felt your face warm up and you give him a smile.

"Thank you for not hating me.."

Finn grabs your face and you get nervous. His hands were cold and it would cool down your face. You smile and he puts his forehead against yours. "You'd be pretty hard to hate."

The butterflies you felt in your stomach made you want to cry. Were you falling for your friend?

These past few days have been going by really fast with him. You shook the thought out of your head passing it off as just a friendly act. You felt embarrassed that him saying and doing the smallest things to you made you get butterflies.

  "What are you going as?" He asks and lays against your chest. You gulped and shrug but he couldn't see you. You let out an awkward cough.

  "Uhm i'm not sure...maybe a serial killer or something. Basic but-" He stops you and nods.

  "Okay then i'll go as a serial killer too. We can match." He smiles.

With everything that was going on, you completely forgot about the dance. You weren't sure if you were gonna go this year but you wanted to at least do something besides stay in your room and get high with Finn. You were tired of getting high in the same place everyday.

Surprisingly, you felt excited to go now. Maybe it was because you were going with Finn and Nova. Two people you trust. Although you felt excited, you were nervous. Recently you were chosen to decorate the gymnasium for the dance but you declined.

They said you did a great job decorating the gym last year that they wanted you to decorate this years dance too. Simon was there with Nakoa so you declined and said you had "important family things" to do.

  "Y/n?" Finn asks and sits up. You sit up too and look at him.

You wanted to braid his hair. It was growing pretty long and you wanted to braid it. You used to braid Athena's hair and learned through youtube when you were younger.

  "Yeah?"

  "What happened last year?"

You froze as memories from last year reoccurred. This shouldn't have surprised you though. It was bound to happen. He was going to ask soon. I guess that soon was sooner than you thought.