The School Gates

You stepped through the school gates, looking up at the giant building.

The main building was white brick, it looked pristine. As the morning sun lit up the facing wall, the school looked like it was glowing. This was helped by the large number of windows, which also reflected the sun's light. "Did you hear? This school has over 100 classrooms!" You heard a student say to their friend.
"I'm so going to get lost!"
"You better hope Mr Reyes doesn't catch you being late to class! My brother had him two years ago, he was in detention for a WHOLE month!"

Admittedly, the rumours made you nervous. You hadn't even thought about the teachers you would get, plus this Mr Reyes sounded intimidating to say the least. You gulped hard, as you continued forwards, towards the entrance doors. The double doors swung open and you were greeted with a banner: "WELCOME NEW STUDENTS!". The inside was just as bright, again with white walls though they were covered with displays. The floor was a light grey tile, making the footsteps of the students louder.

Unsure of where to go, you decided to stay around the main entrance as other students were too. You examined the groups of students, glancing at your phone every now and again so no one thought you were staring. As you looked left to right, you finally landed on a familiar face - the rollerblader from before.

Now that he was standing in one place, you could make out his features properly. He had an athletic build, which made sense if he skated to and from school everyday. His hair was in thick dreads, tied into a ponytail. His uniform wasn't worn as neatly as yours, his shirt hanging out a little with the sleeves rolled up and his pants were a little too baggy. His music was a lot more quieter now, but you could still hear it slightly.

As you continued watching, you saw a much smaller girl approach him and tap him on the shoulder, "Hey Lucio!" she shouted at him. Lucio smiled, taking off his headphones.
"Hey D! How's it goin'?"
"It's going great! First day of school selfie?" She grinned pulling out her phone, which was hot pink with an adorable pachimari charm.
"You got it!"

The two posed together, Lucio holding the phone because he was a little taller and could capture them both. The girl turned somewhat towards you, allowing you to see her face. She had long brunette hair and pink triangles that looked like whiskers on her face - which seemed very familiar to you.

With your phone still in hand, you investigated your social media until you came across those same pink whiskers; It was Hana Song

"Hana Song?!" you thought to yourself. Hana Song was very popular in the area, known for her large following on social media. However, she was most famous for her gaming streams, in which you were a regular subscriber.  You were about to go over and attempt to introduce yourself but suddenly a speaker chimed and a female voice called out, "ALL STUDENTS TO THE ASSEMBLY HALL. ALL STUDENTS TO THE ASSEMBLY HALL".