Chapter 09

a.n: 

Okay so I'm not that happy with this chapter, because I'm definitely better at the more emotional or complex parts and not so good at the action stuff. BUT nonetheless it's important for this part to happen in order to get to the next - and final - chapter which I promise will be better :/

anyway, I hope this is good enough for you haha x

---------------------------------

in this chapter...

Waverly confides her fears in her best friend...
The group figure out how to close the garden - and it's not what they were hoping...
Their actions may have even more consequences than they were expecting...

---------------------------------

"No. You said putting it on risked her going back there." Nicole pushed off the kitchen table and began to pace around behind them, her finger pointed firmly toward Valdez.

"Yeah and she might, but I don't see any alternatives." The woman replied, shrugging and leaning back in the kitchen chair, as if none of this even mattered.

"Well look harder then!" Wynonna slammed her fists onto the counter, sending coffee spilling over the edge of the mugs.

"I'm not gonna risk it!" Nicole agreed. "There's no fucking way we're risking it."

"It isn't your risk to take." Valdez dropped her gaze to Waverly curled into a ball on the chair opposite her.

The small girl lifted her head from her knees and looked towards her sister and girlfriend both standing and looking at her with an almost pleading look in their eyes.

"I-" quickly she looked away, unable to answer when they looked at her like that. "I think we've got to do it." Before they could interrupt she hurried on. "I mean worst case, you got me back once, you can do it again right?" There was a hopefulness in her tone, but a glimmer of fear in her eyes that felt like a punch in the stomach.

"Waves." Nicole pleaded.

"Hell no!" Wynonna spun to face Valdez. "No, you let her make the decision last time Kevin." She spat the words out. "It's not happening again, find another option."

"You know I can't do that it's-"

"Yeah yeah, your curse. Well curse or no curse I don't give two shits, my baby sister is not going back there." She hissed the last part, as if Waverly wouldn't be able to hear it even though she was sat a few feet away.

"You were going to do it when it was Robin." Waverly muttered, twisting her hands in her lap. She knew it was a risky thing to say, but at this stage she just needed to get through to her sister.

A look of guilt washed over Nicole and Wynonna as they both swallowed hard. Truth was Waverly was absolutely right, they were both far more terrified of failure if it involved Waverly. They wouldn't admit that though.

"Why?" Nicole said through grit teeth, turning to face Valdez. "Why will it help?"

Waverly lifted her head and answered instead. "I need to put the sword back to close the garden and I can only do it if I'm wearing the ring."

Wynonna clenched her jaw. "So we don't close the garden then."

"We don't have a choice Wynonna." Nicole muttered, pressing her head in her hands.

"Seriously?" Wynonna turned to Nicole now, her brows raised and mouth gaping. Of all the people to agree to this plan, Nicole would have been her last guess.