Chapter 03

a.n:

So much happens in this chapter. I'm particularly proud of the Nedley part :) I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it.

I just want to say in the midst of everything going on right now, I hope everyone is okay and please check my social media for information with how to help with the BLM movement. I hope people stop attacking the cast and instead invest that energy in petitions and education :) let's do this together not against each other!

p.s. SEASON 4 THIS SUMMER!! CONFIRMED!

----------------------------------

in this chapter...

Wynonna and Nicole try to work together.
Nedley has a secret.
Waverly starts to see the cracks as she prepares for her wedding day.

----------------------------------

Beaming at her sister lying on her back with her legs stretched out in front of her on the spotless leather couch, Waverly rolled her eyes.

"Wynonna your nose." The younger Earp shook her head with a chuckle.

"Let me live babygirl." Wynonna smirked tilting her head to the side not bothering to wipe the sugar from her nose; she shook her head softly.

"I liked the other one better." She stated matter of factly.

"Really? Why?" Waverly was surprised, this one had silver diamond shoulders which she thought her sister would love.

"I don't know, it just doesn't seem like you? It's nice and you look gorgeous, it's just - when was the last time you wore shoulder pads?" Wynonna laughed, swinging her legs around so she was sat up now. Waverly laughed in response, their laughs filled the room a little too long and it felt weird, nothing had been that funny. She shook it off, continuing.

"Yeah, you're right. I only picked it because it reminded me of a fairy princess." She spun. "They're like wings." She laughed, but felt a sudden unease and her back itched - what the hell was going on?

"Anyway, next one." She cheerfully sung and hopped back behind the curtain to switch dresses as she heard Wynonna hum a little melody which ended quickly.

Everything felt off, it felt flat, Wynonna seemed different, happier - even for a good day. She had deja vu, but couldn't put her finger on it. In fact, she couldn't remember anything from yesterday, or the day before that for that matter. She couldn't even remember coming to this place, just that she was going to marry Nicole and she was trying on dresses with her sister.

"Waverly!"

She stuck her head out of the dressing room, staring at her sister eyebrows raised expectantly.

"What's wrong?" Her sister asked.

"What? You called me?" Waverly furrowed her brow.

"Um no I didn't babygirl, I've just been sitting here quietly enjoying my doughnuts." She held up the box proud.

Weird, Waverly thought, but she shook it off again. "Get it together Earp" she muttered, slipping back behind the curtain. She should be happier than ever, the revenants were gone... wait how did she know that... she couldn't remember that discussion either? Never mind. She was going to marry her dream woman, focus on that, she sighed slipping out of the dress. Wedding nerves, she put it down to.

----------------------------------

It was apparent both parties were uncomfortable in the silence of Nicole's kitchen as Wynonna clicked her pen incessantly and Nicole picked at her nails, unsure where to start.