Chapter 1: "Komaeda?! Let me go!" -Hajime's POV

I was incredibly tired after the first class trial that had just taken place. I was completely shaken up. I had just witnessed two of my friends, Byakuya Togami, and Teruteru Hanamura, lose their lives at the hands of Monokuma. Despite that, I had figured out during the class trial that Komaeda was a complete nut case! It was still hard to believe, but in the end I just had to accept this sad excuse for reality.
I stumbled to my cabin with shaky legs for what seemed like forever, but was really just a few minutes. I approached the cabin and stood there, reading over the sign to make sure it was really mine. "𝘏𝘢𝘫𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘏𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘢" I mumbled the lettering on the door, and stepped forward, grasping the handle with a stiff hand and opened it. I was so tense, like I was expecting something or someone to be there, but instead I was greeted with my room in the exact condition I left it. I sighed, relieved that I didn't have to go something else. I didn't know what I was expecting to be there, probably a body if I'm being honest. After all, no matter how much I tried to tell myself this was all fake, I couldn't ignore the fact that this was very real. But, I still had hope that I could get off this island. I didn't want to be here anymore and just wanted to go home. I flopped onto the bed, and stared at the ceiling. One thing I couldn't get out of my head was 𝘩𝘪𝘮. The nut case. His voice was echoing in my ears, somehow giving me a sense of relaxation. I don't know how or why, but I felt safe around him. I felt like I wasn't alone, and I caught myself longing for him. "He may be a nut case, but at least he's cute." I murmured to myself. 𝘈𝘩! 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨.. I pushed these sudden thoughts away and after hours, I finally fell asleep.
I woke up to the usual morning announcements, and got out of bed, I was sweaty and tears stained my cheeks. I had a nightmare, and terrible one at that. My eyes were red and dark, but I didn't seem to mind all that much, after all, I'm sure everybody would feel the same way. I started to fast walk to the restaurant, but of course, I ran into someone. Right before I fell, I felt a sudden hand grab my waist so I wouldn't hit the ground. "I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to-!" as I look up, a familiar, yet cute, face smiled at me. I panicked for a second, feeling the heat rush to my cheeks. I was in the hands of the cute fucking nut case. His eyes were grey, and his skin was pale, flushed with a tint of pink. His hair went in all directions, and all I could right now was "𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘦.." of course I didn't say that though, that would be weird. But as soon as it processed into my head that Nagito Komaeda was holding me right now, I yelped and said "Komaeda?! Let me goooo!". My face was hot, and probably really red as I tried to look away from him. "Ah! Sorry Hajime..I can't believe I would touch you with my filthy hands.." he said that as he helped me regain my balance. "What? No! Don't say that about yourself Komaeda." I said, defending him against himself, and as soon as I said that his eyes widened with surprise. He looked like he was going to cry. "Wha-? Are you gonna cry? Please don't cry Komaeda!" I tried to comfort him, but I don't know why. I thought I hated him..Maybe I don't. "W-why are you being so n-nice to a scum like me?" He was definitely crying at this point, I figured he hasn't been treated this nicely before or after the incident. As an instinct, I hugged him. I couldn't bare to see him crying anymore, and I wasn't going to complain either, I sort of needed one as well. I felt strong arms wrap around me, and honestly I was relieved. His arms didn't feel as skinny as they look, meaning they're probably not skinny at all. I always thought he was anorexic, so I'm glad that he isn't. My eyes widened at a thought. What would the others say? They would probably hate me too...I pulled away from the hug and wiped Komaeda's remaining tears. His eyes were red and I looked at him directly. "Komaeda, I wanna be friends with you still. I really do, but what would the others think? Maybe we should just be friends in secret. How's that sound?" He gasped, followed by a smile and said "Sure. That's okay!" I nodded and hugged once more and said "I'll get going now, see you later!" Then, I walked to the restaurant without another word.