Advice for Writing Scenario Books

I know this isn't Obey Me stuff, but I get many comments asking advice writing scenarios so here is what I know that works for me;

I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR: I AM NO PROFESSIONAL! THESE ARE THINGS THAT WORK FOR ME, IT MIGHT NOT WORK FOR YOU.

1. Do NOT accept requests you're uncomfortable writing or just cannot write. Just because it is a request, does not mean you have to accept it. (I only accept requests I cannot write good if I want to challenge myself and try something new, for example; those mental disorder chapters was a new thing that I wanted to try.)

2. If you need a break, TAKE A BREAK! It is not illegal to take a break if you need it. Just because people want more chapters, does not mean you have to stay awake 24/7 typing on your keyboard like a robot. You're human, you need breaks every now and then.

3. BE NICE! Nobody wants a rude author. I have autism, which makes me have no empathy and I struggle understanding other people's emotions, but I try my best to be nice and polite. If you are nice, people will feel more comfortable to request stuff or comment. (But then again, I sometimes get comments I act too professional... Which I still don't know is a good thing or a bad thing?)

4. If you cannot write for a character, even after trying a few times, DO NOT WRITE FOR THEM! I'm talking as a reader and not a writer; I HATE seeing people write for characters they cannot write. I have no issues if you are testing it out, but if you have tried over ten times and still cannot do it, find another character who you can write for. If you keep going with someone you can't write for, people won't read your stuff or read it and find it cringy. And now as the author; writing for characters you can write for, your work will be waaay easier because it is now easier to understand and write for the character instead of struggling every second and worrying about a character you cannot write for.

5. This is currently something I'm doing, TEST OUT A FEW THINGS! I am writing one-shots just to see how good I am at them. (I personally think I'm shit at them, you can go to Characters x Reader One-Shots and give me your opinion.) It is always okay to try a few new things. But like I previously stated, if you have tried over ten times and it is not improving, I suggest you go find something else and see how you are at that.

6. DO NOT GIVE UP JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH! This was my issue at first. I joined Wattpad on 2016, when I was still young so my English was AWFUL. I wrote my first book, Avengers x Child! Reader Scenarios (If you go check it out, just know the English and writing is awful and I'm busy rewriting the whole book), and I go SO MANY comments complaining about my English which caused me to stop Wattpad for two years. Then I came back, my English was still bad, but not as bad, but I began again. And as I wrote more and more, my English became so good that people now become shocked when learning English is not my first language.

7. DO NOT DO CO-AUTHOR STUFF! I know some like it, but fuck was that the most annoying thing ever. I did it once and regretted it immediately. The person I was working with barely replied to my questions, his writing was awful and I write in past tense while he wrote in present. It was just a mess, I'm so glad I managed to convince him to take that shitty book down. If you do co-author, take someone you already know, not a stranger, and have good contact so if one of you has a question, the other can immediately answer. (And if you really want to play it smart and get followers, pick an author who has many followers because then some of their followers will be curious to who you are and look at your profile and maybe even your books.)

8. AUTHOR NOTES! I know some readers hate them, but it is important to speak to your readers sometimes and explain stuff, or just tell them something if you feel comfortable enough with them and need to get something off your chest. I only began doing author notes in my newest books because I became more comfortable on Wattpad and I just have a lot to get off my chest and saying stuff to your lovely readers will help you feel a bit better if you have too much stress.

9. USE BIG LETTERS IN AUTHOR NOTES IF YOU WANT TO ATTRACT ATTENTION! I know as a reader that when I read and I see big letters, my eyes automatically go to them. So if you have something important to say in your note, just capitalize the important words.

10. MAKE YOUR SCENARIO BOOKS FOR EVERYONE! If you have a scenario book, your task as the author is to write scenarios. NOT decide how the MC looks, how they act, what gender they are, what species they are. Your job is to make up a scenario, put the character and the MC together, describe how it goes. I get so many DMs from males thanking me for making this book for both genders because now they can also enjoy it because for some reason everyone makes the MC a female.

11. ONLY DESCRIBE A FEATURE ON THE MC IF IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO THE SCENARIO! I HATE when authors describe how the MC looks in a scenario book. It is my MC, not the author's, so the author has no business writing how the MC looks. Unless you have a scenario like "What if you're a vampire", then you can obviously describe fangs, wings, whatever you think a vampire has... But if it is not important, DO NOT DESCRIBE HOW THE MC LOOKS AND LEAVE IT TO THE READER TO IMAGINE!

12. HAVE FUN! It is your story, if you want to write some silly stuff, then go for it. But of course still try to write the characters accurately. You're the author, you get to write whatever you want. I personally love movies where you can see the actors clearly have fun doing their job, and I think it is the same for books. (I have fun writing cute stuff for Beelzebub and how he is always eating.)

That was all I could think of. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, YOU MAY ASK THEM AND I WILL GLADLY ANSWER THEM!