The Meeting (Part 1)

2 weeks later...

Washington D.C., United States of America

Meeting room

England placed his cell phone back in his pocket after rage-quitting calling his daughter. He hadn't heard as much as a peep from her since the last world meeting, this was odd considering the fact that America answered almost every call she received from her father, save for the instances that she really couldn't get to the phone, and even then she'd call him back...

His anger was slowly turning into worry...

Although his anger was still there. Being lied to like that for so long didn't exactly put him in a great mood. He did understand some of her reasoning as too hiding the children now that his mind was a bit clearer, but it still hurt to know that he had been lied to like that. His thoughts were interrupted when the U.N took the podium and started speaking into the mic.

"As you already know, we are here today because we are to meet America's states. We are meeting them so we can find out who they are and what they are like. Now, I want you all to remember that while these states are mostly children, they are still very powerful due to America's superpower status, so be careful when interacting with them lest something bad happens. We are here to meet them, not squabble with them. There is a bus waiting outside to take us to America's estate to meet her children. Whenever you're ready, we will make our way over there. Now, any questions before we take off?"

Poland thought for a moment before he raised his hand.

"Yes, Poland?" The UN asked.

"Well, I was wondering, since there are 50 states in total, are we meeting them in groups depending on the region, or are we going to randomly meet them as we go about the estate?" Poland asked. Several countries also raised concerns regarding this. There were a great deal of children to meet and they only had so much time they could spend in the states until they had to head home.

"Ah, yes, good question. I apologize if I forgot to mention this, but yes, we are meeting them in groups depending on the region. We will start with the original 13 colonies and end with Alaska and Hawaii. We will also go in order of their age, starting with the state of Delaware, the oldest." UN explained. The countries seemed satisfied with this answer, hopeful that this system of meeting the states would run quickly and smoothly, without incident.

As the UN explained their activities regarding the meeting further, Russia sat further away from most of the nations, writing down the events that were about to transpire and how best to deal with the young states when the time came to meet them in person.

Ever since the incident with Arizona walking in on their last meeting, Russia had been doing his research on the states and how the people who lived there acted so he could better plan their interactions. It had taken a lot out of him to have to research 51 different personalities, but he had somehow managed. Hopefully, if his plan worked, he could make the kids think that America would be better off with a partner and maybe even convince her to be with him!

The thought made him smile just a tic as he wrote in his notepad before putting it away and taking out his laptop, pulling out an old photo of him and America during happier times.

'Staying up for 3 days straight to do this might have alllll been worth it' Russia thought. Although he hated the eye-bags that came from staying up for so long, he felt more confident that this plan of his might actually work. After all, you need to know your enemy before you defeat them, right?

Right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 week earlier