Chapter Thirty

Jess' POV
I am so grateful that Austin left with the police man he was making me mervous. I didn't want to talk to him but I wonder what he's telling him. My curiosity gets the best of me and I stand to go check on them.
I stop. The blood in my drains to my toes when I hear what he is saying. The lies he's telling to save my ass. I want to jump and scream thats not what happened. But I'm held in place by some imaginary force. I hear them start to move towards me so I hurry back to my seat and wait for them to reach me.
"I'll still need to talk to you Miss."
"Thats fine but can it be at another time?"
"Yes sure you've been through enough just come by the station anytime in the next week."
"Okay thanks."
The officer leaves and I instantly look back at Austin and glare.
"WHAT DID YOU JUST DO!?!?!?!?"
"I saved your ass."
"Why would you do that!?!?" I slam my fist into his chest and he wraps his arms around me and kisses my head.
"Because I care about you and I didn't want you getting in trouble."
"I'm not worth doing that for. You could get in big trouble!"
"I know."
"Ugggh"
"But I also know you are worth it."
"No I'm not I'm a stupid fucked up mess. Why cant you see that? Why didnmt you keep your distance from me? I'm like a disease. I kil everything in my path. And I cant do that to you."
"You wont."
"But-"
"Just shut up. Lets go sit down okay?"
"Okay" I give up for now. There's no working with him. Plus now that he said that even if I do tell the truth he could get in trouble. We sit down in one seat with me on his lap. I place my head on his shoulders and for a second I can believe that this is all a dream that this right here is us. Sitting begind my house together. That I never brone down. That everything is back to normal.
We hear a throat clear and I look behind me to see none other than my father. I nearly fling myself at him "DADDY!!!!!!"
"Hi sweetheart" he chuckles falling backwards just a little.
"I cant believe you're here!!"
"Well yes this fine man called me on the phone yesterday and said you were in the hospital with your mother and that I should come. I took the first plane I could and now here I am."
"Austin... Did you call my dad?" I look back at him. To see a grin that tells it all.
"I might have."
"So you are the boy that called me."
"Yes sir."
They shake hands and smile at eachother.
"So Jessie what kind of trouble did you get yourself into this time?"
"I- uh- I sorta- um well you see- I"
"Beat mom up?"
"Um thise are some pretty good words..."
"Jess! Have you talked to the police?"
"Um well not necessarily..."
"What do you mean?"
"I talked to the police sir."
"What did you tell them?"
"I told them I did it because she was hitting Jess."
"Well thats a pretty good lie. Unless my wife wakes up and realizes she doesn't know you."
"Mom was so trashed she wouldn't notice who was slamming her into the floor."
"Please dont say it like that." I can almost hear my dad wincing at the thought.
"Sorry" I mumble.
"So what is it you plan on doing?"
"We're not sure yet."
"Well I'm behind you every step of the way. Thank you Austin is it?" Austin nods. " For saving my daughter from this mess. I will do anything in my power to do the same for you."
"Thank you sir."